• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 10

72 posts in this topic

I also try to learn from each book and evolve my abilities based on what CGC standards are. I find they are consistent for the most part. I'm just trying to train myself on what they look for and it's been working well. Practice, practice and more practice.

I think what I'm seeing is a move towards people being very conservative when viewing a scan but we have to remember it's a scan and we aren't seeing the book in hand.

Ultimately that's what we're here for.. to share and learn!!

Quit being so positive poke2.gif

insane.gif

ohhhhh.. look who finally woke up .... poke2.gif have your smoke and coffee yet tongue.gif

I also try to learn from each book and evolve my abilities based on what CGC standards are. I find they are consistent for the most part. I'm just trying to train myself on what they look for and it's been working well. Practice, practice and more practice.

I think what I'm seeing is a move towards people being very conservative when viewing a scan but we have to remember it's a scan and we aren't seeing the book in hand.

insane.gif

ohhhhh.. look who finally woke up .... poke2.gif have your smoke and coffee yet tongue.gif

insane.gif yes

insane.gif

insane.gif yes

thumbsup2.gif

Lets not go overboard here.

They do deduct for stains confused-smiley-013.gif

Light dirt can be easily erased if one chose to do so confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally I have seen 9.8 books listed with fugly mis-wraps which in my opinion do not deserve a 9.8 grade

As for printing creases, who knows confused-smiley-013.gif

"..CGC... grade... depends on criteria not easily identified because it's not always consistent." - Bluechip 02/11/07

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lets not go overboard here.

They do deduct for stains confused-smiley-013.gif

Light dirt can be easily erased if one chose to do so confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally I have seen 9.8 books listed with fugly mis-wraps which in my opinion do not deserve a 9.8 grade

As for printing creases, who knows confused-smiley-013.gif

"..CGC... grade... depends on criteria not easily identified because it's not always consistent." - Bluechip 02/11/07

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who the heck is "Bluechip" confused-smiley-013.gif

Who cares? The round's over confused-smiley-013.gif

uhm... aren't you in about 100th place... shhhhhhh makepoint.gif

Ask me if I care? I'll like to see you bozos grade that way when you are selling. poke2.gif

Listen to you all cool and calm smile.gif

Sort of remember you taking less person_without_enough_empathying then this to drive you away from the last contest you were helping me with poke2.gif

Listen to you all cool and calm smile.gif

Sort of remember you taking less person_without_enough_empathying then this to drive you away from the last contest you were helping me with poke2.gif

yeahok.gif