• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE PACIFIC COAST COLLEXN............

50 posts in this topic

does anyone know anything about the winnipeg pedigree? i can't find info anywhere

You can't ask a question like that. You have to start a new thread and put the title in all caps, like this:

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE WINNIPEG PEDIGREE?

By the way, Joe Krolic has been on these boards a few times, so you can probably ask him questions directly.

does anyone know anything about the winnipeg pedigree? i can't find info anywhere

You can't ask a question like that. You have to start a new thread and put the title in all caps, like this:

DUZ ANY1 NO N E THING ABOUT THE WINEPG PEDIGREE?

By the way, Joe Krolic has been on these boards a few times, so you can probably ask him questions directly.

Fixed that for you. thumbsup2.gif

DUZ ANY1 NO N E THING ABOUT THE WINEPG PEDIGREE?

Fixed that for you. thumbsup2.gif

Damn, you're like a teen-ager! hail.gif

also, when Roter 1st borught the books to market, he was asking 4-5 x overstreet nm

so they werent going cheap!!

Actually, the very first listings had most books at around 2-2.5X Overstreet NM. Not only that, but PCEI took bids at the time, and 90% of Roter's asking price was accepted (so, for instance, an FF33 listed for $200 could be bought for $180 - a few years later, it was graded 9.6 white!).

PCinvoice.jpg

also, when Roter 1st borught the books to market, he was asking 4-5 x overstreet nm

so they werent going cheap!!

Actually, the very first listings had most books at around 2-2.5X Overstreet NM.

Yup, good point, Bob. It's just that it was a relatively soft SA market at the time, so paying 2-2.5X (and sometimes 3X) at that time FELT exorbitant. It's only in the post-CGC era that we look back and think how cheap the books seem. I remember seeing the listings and prices paid and thinking those books better be the best copies anyone has ever seen, otherwise people are getting taken for a serious ride.

In comparison, I picked up a TOS 39 advertised as NM from VIA for $6K, and the Bethlehem copy (also advertised as NM) had sold from VIA just before that for $7K. I had also picked up a X-Men #1 advertised as NM from a major dealer for a little under $11K (which later turned out to be restored). So when you look at those kinds of prices at the time and then what PCE was asking, the PC books seemed exorbitant.