• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 128

3 posts in this topic

Trying to get a grip on how much certain defects affect a grade in an otherwise nice looking book. The "tear" at the top of the book is more like a stab wound for lack of a better term. It is not torn from the top of the book as it looks. More like a puncture. The impact travels throughout the book onto the back cover. The "hole" is only on front cover. A few NCB creases on the spine. Crease and a chip out of right edge above Spidey's head.

Back cover features the remnants of the front cover puncture as well as a relatively large crease in the LRC.

My feeling is that without the puncture, I would call it a 7.0. With, I would think maybe a 5.0? Any and all opinions welcome. If you think I am way off on either assessment, please fire away.

ASM128.jpg

ASM128back.jpg

Thanks,

Shawn

Yep, that's a tough one. I'd probably call it a strict 4.5. I tend to think defects like this that affect the pages should hit the grade pretty hard, but the book looks too nice to drop it much further.

Welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif