• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you feel about the CGC registry ?

28 posts in this topic

Ivanko

I have had a very simple question on the registry board for a few days now, i have had zero answers.

At some point a moderator would/should chime in and inform me of the answer.

and you yourself have chosen not to help, but to degrade.

I do not live to make friends in cyber space. I make make friends and live in the real world. I use forums and chat boards to gain knowledge on certain subjects.

Flaming boy offered no useful info at all (pertaining to the given subject) He was flaming.

You stick with what you pretend to know, and you might be surprised how far you`ll go.

Your friend, Lee

Speedy

I answered your qustion as to where to find the Ask CGC thread - did you bother to read it or post your question?? I didn't answer your questions because I am new here. I would rather point you to where the info is, rather than give an incorrect response. You may also PM sborock, as I'm sure he would have a lot of your answers

Ivanko

I have had a very simple question on the registry board for a few days now, i have had zero answers.

At some point a moderator would/should chime in and inform me of the answer.

and you yourself have chosen not to help, but to degrade.

You were out of line with your comments. Almost everyone here is friendly and will offer up help. The Comics General forum is the busiest on the sight, which means a thread can get pushed to page 2 or 3 quickly on a busy day. If help doesn't come right away, bump the thread; that usually works better than throwing a tantrum.

I do not live to make friends in cyber space. I make make friends and live in the real world. I use forums and chat boards to gain knowledge on certain subjects.

Many people here visit numerous shows and cons accross the country in the real world, which means that people from this very forum could be in your backyard. It's your perogative whether or not to meet them; for me and many others here meeting a fellow board member in person at a con solidfies a relationship and creates friendships.

Ivanko

First of all, the post i was speaking of is on the "registry forum" NOT, the "general forum"

As for your 2nd point of contention, "GREAT" that all sounds very well and fine.

But a forum question (thread) is just that. If you cannot contribute in a knowledgable way, DON`T POST ANYTHING !! All these folks are trying to do is up their post count. I`m very leary of someone who has something to say about everything,,, these are the posters who have been on the boards for 6 months and have 700 posts !!

So fine, have your friends, meet your friends, act like they are your friends if you want, just stay within your knowledge bounds when responding to a post.

Some very fine collectors are looking for help or answers and "THIS. IS. THE. MOST. BORING. THREAD. EVER. ----- Does not cut it on any level !!!

Speedo,

I feel the CGC registry has a great future, but the current registry is doomed to failure.

For you to make such a statement implies you have a working knowledge of said organization that's heading for its demise

And all my past experiences with a collectible registry is with the PSA trading card registry. (some bad,, mostly good)

You then contradict the above prophecy of doom by stating you have absolutely NO first hand experience with the company you are talking about

Here`s a couple questions that have to have answers,,,,

1) Whos in charge/ makes registry decisions and rules ?? (customer service won`t do) At PSA everybody knows who to contact, her email address is given to any registry member.

2) A standard set of general registry guidelines, should be available online.

3) A dedicated email address for registry questions is a must.

4) a dedicated moderator for the registry chat boards is a must.

What i have noticed in the the registry wars ( GAI,PSA,SGC,CGC etc..)

No one, except PSA, is willing to spend the money to fully complement their registry. Thats why the PSA registry board generates THOUSANDS of dollars every year for PSA.. (That figure may be somewhat conservative.)

PSA gives year end awards,,, has banquets,,, etc...

...and you do it again...

You were given ALL the resources you needed to answer your questions. Yet you chose to act like you can't point & click your mouse & browse. If you have the intelligence to make such a bold proclamation, you should be able to STATE facts to back it up, NOT ASK FOR THEM! If you have a problem with the way CGC conducts business, I suggest you take it up with them directly.

Ivanko

First of all, the post i was speaking of is on the "registry forum" NOT, the "general forum"

As for your 2nd point of contention, "GREAT" that all sounds very well and fine.

But a forum question (thread) is just that. If you cannot contribute in a knowledgable way, DON`T POST ANYTHING !! All these folks are trying to do is up their post count. I`m very leary of someone who has something to say about everything,,, these are the posters who have been on the boards for 6 months and have 700 posts !!

So fine, have your friends, meet your friends, act like they are your friends if you want, just stay within your knowledge bounds when responding to a post.

Some very fine collectors are looking for help or answers and "THIS. IS. THE. MOST. BORING. THREAD. EVER. ----- Does not cut it on any level !!!

YOU.JUST.DON'T.GET.IT. foreheadslap.gif

I love the registry. That's how I catalog my comics, after I get them graded.

thumbsup2.gif Same here! Not only do I enjoy building up my books on the registry, I have met other folks who have books in sets that I am in. My only complaint would be how long it takes to get more sets added. However anything good takes time right? Good times! thumbsup2.gif

yay.gifChris