• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you feel about the CGC registry ?

28 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have posted this message on the registry chat board (aka, death valley threads)

Please read the thread and comment.

I feel the CGC registry has a great future, but the current registry is doomed to failure.

HERE`S MY OPINION ;

Hello all

I understand this comic registry is somewhat new.

And all my past experiences with a collectible registry is with the PSA trading card registry. (some bad,, mostly good)

Make no mistake, this and every other collectible registry was born after PSA`s

very successful trading card registry.

STOP, THIS IS NOT A PSA,, SGC/CGC WHO`s THE BEST THREAD !!!

Here`s a couple questions that have to have answers,,,,

1) Whos in charge/ makes registry decisions and rules ?? (customer service won`t do) At PSA everybody knows who to contact, her email address is given to any registry member.

2) A standard set of general registry guidelines, should be available online.

3) A dedicated email address for registry questions is a must.

4) a dedicated moderator for the registry chat boards is a must.

What i have noticed in the the registry wars ( GAI,PSA,SGC,CGC etc..)

No one, except PSA, is willing to spend the money to fully complement their registry. Thats why the PSA registry board generates THOUSANDS of dollars every year for PSA.. (That figure may be somewhat conservative.)

PSA gives year end awards,,, has banquets,,, etc...

I,m just wondering, where does the CGC registry wish to be ??

You have to spend/invest some money,, to make some money !

PSA`s registry is their golden egg, but their is no patent on it !

Thanks, Lee Spies

Hi all

I have posted this message on the registry chat board (aka, death valley threads)

Please read the thread and comment.

I feel the CGC registry has a great future, but the current registry is doomed to failure.

HERE`S MY OPINION ;

Hello all

I understand this comic registry is somewhat new.

And all my past experiences with a collectible registry is with the PSA trading card registry. (some bad,, mostly good)

Make no mistake, this and every other collectible registry was born after PSA`s

very successful trading card registry.

STOP, THIS IS NOT A PSA,, SGC/CGC WHO`s THE BEST THREAD !!!

Here`s a couple questions that have to have answers,,,,

1) Whos in charge/ makes registry decisions and rules ?? (customer service won`t do) At PSA everybody knows who to contact, her email address is given to any registry member.

2) A standard set of general registry guidelines, should be available online.

3) A dedicated email address for registry questions is a must.

4) a dedicated moderator for the registry chat boards is a must.

What i have noticed in the the registry wars ( GAI,PSA,SGC,CGC etc..)

No one, except PSA, is willing to spend the money to fully complement their registry. Thats why the PSA registry board generates THOUSANDS of dollars every year for PSA.. (That figure may be somewhat conservative.)

PSA gives year end awards,,, has banquets,,, etc...

I,m just wondering, where does the CGC registry wish to be ??

You have to spend/invest some money,, to make some money !

PSA`s registry is their golden egg, but their is no patent on it !

Thanks, Lee Spies

If you would actually BROWSE through the different threads & posts, not to mention the CGC registry Q & A, 90% of your questions would be answered. Also, visiting the actual CGC site will answer the rest. As far as CGC banquets/dinners, there have been numerous

I don't know a lot of the answers to your questions, but I do know that CGC gives registry awards. I received a "best in set" for my Punisher Mini.

They actually contacted me months after the awards were distributed because I had no idea about it and they had an old address for me that wouldn't accept the envelope they sent out. So they did have someone following-up on it and did their best to contact the winners.

DJP,

Sorry, don`t buy it.

I have a number of questions go un answered.

And if you please, who is the expert moderator i should contact with my questions ? or the cgc registry contact email ??

?????

Look under the "Ask CGC" listing in the Boards & post your queries there...I'm sure they will be more than happy to accomodate you with the answers you seek

Friends,

i`m not trying to "DOG" the CGC registry.

But i believe they can,, and should,, be picking up the ball and running with it.

Their (CGC) is running east and west,, where PSA is running north and south !!

LEE

Truth is I really don't care about the registry. Maybe I'd care more, but I can't figure out how to upload scans.

Friends,

i`m not trying to "DOG" the CGC registry.

But i believe they can,, and should,, be picking up the ball and running with it.

Their (CGC) is running east and west,, where PSA is running north and south !!

LEE

Truth is I really don't care about the registry. Maybe I'd care more, but I can't figure out how to upload scans.

True that is a tricky one. Took a boardy explaining it in some thread for me to learn. The rgistry is severely lacking on that side.

But it's relatively free (discounting the sunk cost of slabs), ..so me no complain.

well, OK then.

Obviously the CGC registry has lots of interested followers and is going along great without any problems or issues.

p.s. thanks flaming boy, your comments really added alot to the subject. But you did get to add to your total post count though, so i guess there was some good in it.

Truthfully i have a ton of books i could register but i don't seem to take the time! One reason is i don't want something like a ranking affecting my collecting interests! I am perfectly happy with VF silver age marvels raw or slabbed - i have no need to impress anyone by buying 9.0 or above to attain a higher rank!

well, OK then.

Obviously the CGC registry has lots of interested followers and is going along great without any problems or issues.

p.s. thanks flaming boy, your comments really added alot to the subject. But you did get to add to your total post count though, so i guess there was some good in it.

It's not his fault you haven't done any research before spouting off about how you can save the registry when 90% of what you said it should have it does.

It seems like you might have been on a forum before. One thing they all have in common is a "search" button.

Great way to make friends BTW.

DJP,

Where is this page, ??

If i might ask, do you have any comics on the registry ?

Thanks, lee

1. Top of screen look for "active topics" - click on it

2. At the bottom of the screen, look for "comics" - click on it

3. Look at all the topics - one of the last ones is called "Ask CGC" - click on it

4. Type in your question(s) - even feel free to voice your opinions & criticisms, as they are openly welcomed (to better improve customer service) by CGC thumbsup2.gif

I have no books on the registry as of yet - when I get a computer savvy fellow forumite to help me, I will (after I have more than 2 slabbed books) shy.gif