• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats lowest grade you's accept on a sig series book?

47 posts in this topic

I can't even understand the mentality of a collector that would submit a vf GA or nm SA or nm BA comic for Signature Series.

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

bATMAN199.jpg

hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Wow Darrell-awesome to get the four sigs on that book! thumbsup2.gif I try to get all of my SS personalized to me. When I do that, I don't care what my grade is as that book is now a keeper for me. Good times!

yay.gifChris

Golden Age? .5 or better but most of those guys are in comic heaven

Silver Age? 5.0

Bronze Age? 7.0 depending on the artist like a sentimental thing

Copper Age? 9.2

Modern Age? 9.8

I guess it really depends on what the book means to you.

I got a bunch of Cap books SS from the current run signed by Brubaker and Epting. I'm such a huge fan of the series that I wouldnt really care about the grade as long as it's not below 9.4. 9.2/9.0 just does seem nearly as mint when put beside anything with a higher number. It would be nice to get all 9.8's, but I ain't complaining.

And at least my #1 is 9.8

Peter Dixon @ Paradise Comics is getting me my first 6 SS Books (maybe right now as I type this 893crossfingers-thumb.gif. They are to be signed by Bernie Wrightson two Swamp Things in 9.2-9.4, two HOM's 1 in 9.2, 1 in 8.5 House of Secrets 107 in 9.2 and Creatures on the Loose 10 in 7.5-8.0. I can't wait to get them. I know I am going to be an SS addict!