• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comicon Fan Apreciation Event April 13-15 2007

29 posts in this topic

any idea if the guests will be doing scheduled signings (like the Expo), or will they be at their tables for the majority of the time?

i second that question

is there some sort of schedule available?

They will be at their tables... Sorry for the delay in the response... The programming schedule should be released at some point this week for panels...

hsm

They will be at their tables... Sorry for the delay in the response... The programming schedule should be released at some point this week for panels...

hsm

EVENT SCHEDULE

TORONTO COMICON EVENT SCHEDULE

FRIDAY APRIL 13, 2007 SHOW HOURS 5pm – 9pm

ROOM 803 A

6:00PM WHILCE PORTACIO UNPLUGGED

7:00PM BACK IN BLACK WITH RON GARNEY

8:00PM SKETCH-OFF: DALE EAGLESHAM VS. IVAN REIS

SATURDAY APRIL 14, 2007 SHOW HOURS 10am-6pm

ROOM 803 A

12:00PM: WRITING IN COMICS WITH DAN SLOTT

1:00PM: SKETCH-OFF: WHILCE PORTACIO VS. RON GARNEY

2:00PM: A TRUE LEGEND IN CARMINE INFANTINO

3:00PM: JLA/JSA SUPER PANEL WITH EAGLESHAM, NOWLAN, SLOTT

4:00PM: SKETCH-OFF: BILLY TAN VS. MICHAEL CHOI

SATURDAY APRIL 15, 2007 SHOW HOURS 11am-5pm

Anyone want to get together Friday night after the show for a forum dinner or at least some drinks?

Jim

Yeah, I'd like to, but unfortunately I've gotta speed through the con on Friday night and get moving right away. Got me some other plans, y'see?

Next time... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Andy

So, I went to the show on Friday night, looking for DC war comics.

It was, once again, held in a poor location of the Toronto Metro Convention Centre. Being located in a convenient area of downtown is nice, but after parking ($15), there's about a 15 minute walk within the convention centre to actually get to the door of the show. A nice touch was with the $10 entrance fee, Friday's attendants were all given a $10 coupon to use within the show. The convention itself was set up well, and there were a fair number of dealers present. It was nice to not have to deal with all of the anime/sci-fi *spoon* that usually goes hand in hand with this promoter's shows.

I had about 1.5 hrs before closing time. I was prepared, brought some money to spend, hoping to come close to completing my runs of All American Men Of War, G. I. Combat, Our Army At War, Our Fighting Forces, and Star Spangled War Stories. Picked up about 4 books that I could scratch off my list. Also found another 20 direct edition/newstand edition variants that I needed. Picked up some early war books that I didn't need, but didn't mind get multiples of; All American Men Of War #127 (#1), Our Army At War #5 and #81. Not bad books, it just sucks when you have to walk around the room over and over again, trying hard to find something to spend your money on.

Overall, even with the long walk to get there, I enjoyed myself. thumbsup2.gif I just wish there were more dealers with the books that I needed. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy