• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comicon Fan Apreciation Event April 13-15 2007

29 posts in this topic

I just wish there were more dealers with the books that I needed. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree!!

Hi guys hi.gif,

Not sure if you live in Toronto (thirdgreenham) but I know that juggernaut does.

But I have an idea for both of you. Most of the dealers with exception of the Montreal guys and a few others are local.

Why not call or e-mail them a few weeks before a con with a pull list.

I have done it the past and it works great!!! thumbsup2.gif

I have even sent lists to some of the dealers from Montreal.

Many of the dealers have limited space at their booths.

They can't bring everything.

But they are all in the business of moving inventory.

I’m sure every one of them would be more than happy to help you spend your hard earned money.

I just wish there were more dealers with the books that I needed. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree!!

Hi guys hi.gif,

Not sure if you live in Toronto (thirdgreenham) but I know that juggernaut does.

But I have an idea for both of you. Most of the dealers with exception of the Montreal guys and a few others are local.

Why not call or e-mail them a few weeks before a con with a pull list.

I have done it the past and it works great!!! thumbsup2.gif

I have even sent lists to some of the dealers from Montreal.

Many of the dealers have limited space at their booths.

They can't bring everything.

But they are all in the business of moving inventory.

I’m sure every one of them would be more than happy to help you spend your hard earned money.

I have been to most of the comic stores in Toronto and I know what they have to offer!! Most do not have what I am looking for!! (Example; Visions, Grendel - 1st series, Elflord, Orb, Megaton, Cerebus (1-10), Golden Age Canadian Editions, etc....) Hard to find comics in high grade!!

As for the guys from Montreal, I have nothing but praises for them. I have actually gone to Montreal to get comics from them instead of Toronto dealers. They have a better selection of comics!! They are more willing to help you find what you are looking for!! I am planning on going back to Montreal very soon!!

but after parking ($15), there's about a 15 minute walk within the convention centre to actually get to the door of the show.

15 minute walk? Where did you park?

I parked inside the Toronto Metro Convention Centre parking garage. I had to walk through the parking garage to the front entrance off of Front St., (no signs telling me where to go) go up an escalator, walk and go up another escalator, walk down a corridor to a skywalk over the train tracks (this is where I saw my first sign for the show), down another escalator, walk to the next excalator and go down it as well, do a u-turn and head back to the direction I came from....in order to get the the door of the show.

Everyone that I talked to at the show (other than the dealers) voiced their displeasure about the long walk. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy

The convention website and email (not sure if you're on their mailing list) did specify South Building, off Bremner Blvd. There's a parking garage on that side, which leads to two floors above the convention floor. Only problem I had was the poor cell phone reception.

The convention website and email (not sure if you're on their mailing list) did specify South Building, off Bremner Blvd. There's a parking garage on that side, which leads to two floors above the convention floor. Only problem I had was the poor cell phone reception.

foreheadslap.gif

i noticed that on the marquee out front it did say the north building. when you walked in there was all the religious types walking around so it was a hoot. people dressed as crusading knights! what, they think its a comiccon? my interest was peaked when i thought they were selling stuff though, ya see, im dying to get a giant velvet painting of the last supper!