• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Info on the Ultimate Spider-man #100 OA Covers at MegaCon?

51 posts in this topic

And the flipping begins...

I honestly don't see these doing too well.

They might, considering 10 out of the first 20 went two only two people. That eliminates the availability or sets the initial market pretty much at where they price it. Of course that doesn't mean squat unless someone is willing to pay that price.

If the ones at NY only go higher then that will creat more demand for these. Especially ones like the Starlin issue. For instance if the low there is $500 (twice as much as the low at Megacon) and something like the Romita breaks $1000 then the $850 asking price on that Starlin doesn't seem to far off.

I think they may have potential longterm value. It is a pretty unique item if you consider the motivation behind them.

For the short term: In a market where a Nabisco variant or retailer variantsells for nearly $100 and a Spidey 300 with 124 existing 9.8 copies sells for nearly $1500, anything is possible.

And the truth shall set you free...

http://heroinitiative.org/NewsDetail.asp?NewsId=38

And your point is?

People were acting like they didn't want the information to get out, but we said it would come out, and it did.

Also, the Vosburg cover didn't sell on eBay and was re-listed last night.

And your point is?

People were acting like they didn't want the information to get out, but we said it would come out, and it did.

If you "don't see these dong too well" then why would you ever have the confidence to bid on one? They seem to be doing fine to me. The McGuiness cover sold. It seems like you've been trying to put these books/art down ever since MegaCon ended.

And your point is?

If you "don't see these dong too well" then why would you ever have the confidence to bid on one? They seem to be doing fine to me. The McGuiness cover sold. It seems like you've been trying to put these books/art down ever since MegaCon ended.

If asking for a little public information from show attendees is putting books down, then I guess we are all guilty. It was a public auction.

And your point is?

First: What the hell does "dong" mean?

Secondly: We just wanted the information about some of the books and you desired to keep what you knew to yourself. I just wonder why you're acting this way, but it doesn't matter to me, as the data eventually got out.

And your point is?

King of Rulers simply said that he did not want to say what he paid for his. Other than that, most known information was given freely. Yes, everyone knew that eventually the informaton would be published. I don't understand why you could not just respect is right to not say.

And your point is?

King of Rulers simply said that he did not want to say what he paid for his. Other than that, most known information was given freely. Yes, everyone knew that eventually the informaton would be published. I don't understand why you could not just respect is right to not say.

Then don't come on and give price ranges and say this and that about it. Don't even say you bought the cover if it's so private. Makes no sense to me confused-smiley-013.gif I consider Stephen a friend so I'm not mad one way or another.

Weird, I would have thought the MegaCon ones would have gone for a lot more than that. $300 for a 1 of kind cover doesn't sound like a lot to me. I think if these were Amazing Spider-Man 500's it would have been a different story confused-smiley-013.gif

Didn't the whole rack fall at Mega Con? That's why some of them were bent up a little?

And your point is?

Then don't come on and give price ranges and say this and that about it. Don't even say you bought the cover if it's so private. Makes no sense to me confused-smiley-013.gif I consider Stephen a friend so I'm not mad one way or another.

How could that not make sense? I might spend thousands on any particular book and then post it on here because I am proud to own it, or want to flip it, or what ever reason. That doesn't mean I want what I paid for it to be public knowledge, even if a little research could provide someone with the information.

Someone asked a question. Stephen answered it with as much information as he wanted to disclose. It sounds like you are saying - if you don't want to divulge all the information, then don't participate in the thread. confused-smiley-013.gif

And your point is?

First: What the hell does "dong" mean?

Secondly: We just wanted the information about some of the books and you desired to keep what you knew to yourself. I just wonder why you're acting this way, but it doesn't matter to me, as the data eventually got out.

Why I am acting "this" way? Give me a break foreheadslap.gif Your entire demeanor is unwarranted, such as trying to call me out on a simple typo.