• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon report!

33 posts in this topic

Who is Hagen? Ive heard his name before but cant make the connection to where.

Wes is a Canadian collector and dealer.

I think the ebay seller id most people would be familiar with is "gccbco" (or something like that). Fantastic guy, very knowledgable about the obscure Marvel DC titles from the 70s.

I bought a $500 stack of super nice high grade books from him. His grading, pricing, and discounts were all A+.

thumbsup2.gif

Wes is a Canadian collector and dealer.

I think the ebay seller id most people would be familiar with is "gccbco" (or something like that). Fantastic guy, very knowledgable about the obscure Marvel DC titles from the 70s.

I bought a $500 stack of super nice high grade books from him. His grading, pricing, and discounts were all A+.

thumbsup2.gif

Isn't that the guy that all the self proclaim board experts, slated so heavily as being in bed with PGX when he came on the boards. And that all his ebay sales were rigged...or words to that effect.

Guess guys sitting around judging the world from their keyboards can get wrong sometimes, aye.

Flashback to HeroesCon...remember when you walk in...far right wall...Wes had a discount table there basically in front of PGX comics, where I was entertained for a few minutes... tongue.gif His booth took some effort to get to.

He was kicking himself for not bringing as much hg stuff...he had a few books I'd like to buy but they weren't in grade.

I didn't know who he was at first but Malouf had about 300 or 400 Raw DC Bostons at his booth and some of the coolest original art I have ever seen in person. I went through all of the Bostons but most seemed to be 9.0 range and second tier titles. I didn't see anything I had to have starting at 125% of guide. Pretty cool to see that many of one Ped all together thogether and unslabbed.

Bechara is a major art dealer and collector. Has some amazing stuff. You only see a tiny fraction of it at shows. Rumor has it Steve Borock has seen that collection and nearly went blind 27_laughing.gif

Nice job on the racks. MCmiles' set-up is the same I use for shows.

Malouf is one of the nicest OA dealers out there. A stand-up guy with an incredible stock of pages.