• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade this one!

What grade do you think it would get from CGC?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you think it would get from CGC?

24 posts in this topic

That is why GA collecting is so much fun. There is far less speculation in GA regardless of whether they are CGC'd or not. I have built a Flash Comics collection at or below guide for most items.

I have a few Flash that are the highest CGC graded (althought most are raw) and these are at 6.5 to 8.0. Now they tend to be the higher numbers but I know there are better copies out there but I didn't have to pay multiple of guide because they were slabbed.

Hi all,

1. If you are content with what you paid for it, KEEP IT.

2. It probably is the nicest copy out there, you won't find a better one, thus reinforcing number 1.

3. The seller overgraded it, IMHO. I am clearly out of touch with "market grading realities" as I am one of the old time graders: It does not matter how old it is, the grading standard should be the same, period. I know I grade too strcitly based on what a lot of people tell me, oh well! :-)

The crease at top left corner and other minor defects would make it a FVF at absolute best.

4. About item 3 - so what. It's a great book, just don't be too swayed by the official or consensus grade but more by what you personally think about the book and your satisfaction in owning it.

Excelsior,

Bruce

Bruce Edwards

QuasarComics.com

ebay: quasarcomics

I know I grade too strcitly based on what a lot of people tell me, oh well! :-)

Don't take this the wrong way but, EVERY DEALER SAYS THE SAME THING.

Just like every driver thinks they are ABOVE AVERAGE. Statistically, that doesn't make sense. confused.gif

And when I have met the dealers that do grade too strictly, calling a VF book a Fine book, guess what, their sale price is still the VF maket value price. So, it really doesn't matter.

Sorry, if it seems that I'm picking on you, but I quit collecting comics for about four years because I got sick and tired of buying NM books (at NM plus prices) and getting VF books (or worst, restored books). mad.gif

Maybe you really are one of the good guys. grin.gif