• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dead Artists' Society
1 1

134 posts in this topic

Scrooge,

Why don't you list another book? We seem to have hit a wall on this Rangers. How about some superhero stuff. Even Fiction House had a few super guys (and maybe some gals).

bb

Phantom Lady 15, Wow 9 or Air Fighters V1#8 all look good. I like Mystery Men 13 too but it looks a little stiff compared to these. I am always impressed by the quality or the art from Fawcett. It should be ranked up there with DC but I think most people tend to ignore it. America's Greatest has a large selection of stories to review. Nedor had some good issues but many of the interiors did not match the great Schomburg covers.

I only mention this because I see this thread a lot but it hasn't changed in a long time. Is there somethin that I am missing?

BB

Here is one of the photos of Matt Baker from AE 47.

I recommend that everyone buy a copy, find all of his stories listed in AE and then we can start discussing his career again.

bb

3411778499_b5fa386cfc_m.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

I really like the Kenton of the Star Patrol series. Kubert's art seems clean and dynamic. Lots of action and good looking dames. What's not to like.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

Heroic #75 is chock full of Frazetta art.

The cover story is "With only a shovel", the cover was painted by HC Kiefer, but this is all Frank

shovel1.jpg

shovel2.jpg

Another two pager

chosetofight1.jpg

chosetofight2.jpg

Harry Truman as depicted by Frazetta

medal1.jpg

medal2.jpg

And perhaps the first time this Red Cross ad was used

redcross.jpg

A very enjoyable book to be sure. :)

I picked up a couple of Heroic Comics at the flea market today and found some fun stuff on the inside. I know Jack will love this little two pager from Heroic #35

AtomicEnergy1.jpg

AtomicEnergy2.jpg

Some flea market!

Which other copy did you get?

Fantastic feature -- #35 goes on the want list.

Jack

#75. The one with all the Frazetta above

I have a Heroic 69 which also has some Frazetta stories. I didn't see them in issue 75 but I only have scans of that one.

3837602178_ca7424109e_o.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun