• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane/Twist settlement: finally

132 posts in this topic

Stupid lawsuits. I want to sue the McDonald's coffee lady for being an *spoon* and causing all of this.

probably the most-quoted and least understood jury decision in the history of civil trials.

the woman deserved every penny.

sumo.gif

Stupid lawsuits. I want to sue the McDonald's coffee lady for being an *spoon* and causing all of this.

probably the most-quoted and least understood jury decision in the history of civil trials.

sumo.gif

Hmm, I just read http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm and I guess I would have to agree. However, it was still the beginning of the end....

Remember this was Missouri and one boarder has characterized them as a bunch of "good old boys". Nuff said, true believer..... tongue.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I have serious doubts that a jury from "the city of St. Louis" was a bunch of "good old boys".

Uh, Tim - have you spent much time in St. Louis? I grew up about 100 miles north of there. My uncle and his family (my cousins, their in-laws, etc) live in and around the St. Louis area and I would characterize them as Good Old Boys (even the girls 27_laughing.gif ). Sure, they don't hang confederate flags off their pickup trucks but they all have a very midwestern "good ol' boy" bent to them in spite of growing up IN St. Louis. In addition, they are all politically conservative and VERY religious.

I could easily see them all siding against a guy who is characterized as writing a "Satanic" comic book compared to a blue collar mid-range hockey player. They're also all big St. Louis Blues fans.

I ain't sayin' it's right, lawyer boy. That's jus' the way it is in middle America. confused-smiley-013.gifgrin.gif

Yet another thing to consider - wasn't McFarlane throwing big money around on MLB homerun balls around the time of the trial?

Personally, I believe Todd was wrong to do what he did. Twist was right to sue. An amount was eventually agreed upon by both sides. Doesn't seem too difficult to me thumbsup2.gif

Oh, and I hope FFB simply forgot to put in a few funny graemlins in here and there, because he really looks like a pompous, egotisitical jerk in this thread.

Right back atcha, fookface! hi.gif

Yet another thing to consider - wasn't McFarlane throwing big money around on MLB homerun balls around the time of the trial?

Personally, I believe Todd was wrong to do what he did. Twist was right to sue. An amount was eventually agreed upon by both sides. Doesn't seem too difficult to me thumbsup2.gif

Oh, and I hope FFB simply forgot to put in a few funny graemlins in here and there, because he really looks like a pompous, egotisitical jerk in this thread.

Much better, Dork Counselor! thumbsup2.gifinsane.gif

Much better, Dork Counselor! thumbsup2.gifinsane.gif

headbang.gif

sumo.gif

Amen to that. 893applaud-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

Amen to that. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And to think that McDonald's could have saved all that money if they had just agreed to pay her $800 in medical bills. 27_laughing.gif

Clearly McFarlane should have hired you as his attorney Scott. No doubt his high-priced attorneys (at least before his production company declared bankruptcy) must have simply rolled over and played dead rather than actually try to prevail in this case. poke2.gif

Though, to be fair, apparently the settlement was brought upon by the insurance companies, not MarFarlane. Add another "twist" and turn to the discussion! 27_laughing.gif

At this point, I am all too aware that reading comprehension has never been your strong suit, but try to follow along anyway. I am sure that McFarlane's lawyers did a fine job. That is reflected by (I hope you're still able to follow along here, because this might be a little more technical than you're used to) the fact that they won their JNOV motion after that ridiculous verdict. I'm saying the jury was nuts, not that McFarlane's lawyers blew it.

Thank you Scott. I so appreciate all the dumbed down explanations you provide for me. Little ole me certainly would never pretend to know how to practice law, much less read. Would you mind if I refer all my clients to you for second opinions to make sure I don't mess up? Clearly, you are the end all to be all for everything.

In fact, who wants to help me set up a campaign to elect Scott "DA MAN" to be leader of the free world!!!! Forget being US President. Scott is far too important for such a trivial post. hail.gif

As opposed to what? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think his point was that I am taking it to a new level in this particular thread. makepoint.gif

Clearly McFarlane should have hired you as his attorney Scott. No doubt his high-priced attorneys (at least before his production company declared bankruptcy) must have simply rolled over and played dead rather than actually try to prevail in this case. poke2.gif

Though, to be fair, apparently the settlement was brought upon by the insurance companies, not MarFarlane. Add another "twist" and turn to the discussion! 27_laughing.gif

At this point, I am all too aware that reading comprehension has never been your strong suit, but try to follow along anyway. I am sure that McFarlane's lawyers did a fine job. That is reflected by (I hope you're still able to follow along here, because this might be a little more technical than you're used to) the fact that they won their JNOV motion after that ridiculous verdict. I'm saying the jury was nuts, not that McFarlane's lawyers blew it.

Thank you Scott. I so appreciate all the dumbed down explanations you provide for me.

You're welcome, but I'm still not convinced that you get it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think his point was that I am taking it to a new level in this particular thread. makepoint.gif

Not possible Scott.. with you the knob is always turned up to 11!

One louder is not possible, now is it?

tongue.gif

Ze-

tongue.gif

Ze-

It's not the volume; it is the abrasiveness. I was going for 40-grit.

tongue.gif

Ze-

It's not the volume; it is the abrasiveness. I was going for 40-grit.

Hence the reason you'll never get a smooth finish. smirk.gif