• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Hal Foster Prince Valiant Sunday Page

6 posts in this topic

Hi. Prince Valiant, without a doubt, is one of the greatest adventure strips of all time. I'm looking to purchase a Prince Valiant full page between the years of 1945 and 1965. I'm looking for battles, horses, or outdoor scenes preferably with Val or Aleta, but I will look at other pages as well. I am not interested in panels this time around, just a full page. I have seen the ones listed for sale on CAF, and even tho they are nice, those aren't exactly what I'm looking for. I'm hoping maybe someone on this board might have a page he/she is looking to sell or might know someone else who does. If you do, please send a PM. Best regards,

Mark

Mark.. I have sold maybe 80 Prince Valiant sunday pages over the last 25 years, what you are asking for doesn't really exist in too many pages.. I suggest you go back & read the strips from that period and see how little there is. Also keep in mind that many pages from this period are at Syracuse University and that more had been cut down to panels by Foster himself to satisfy the many fans who would write in for original artwork.

as a result you are left with a small population, and those will be buried in colections. If you have the time to wait.. some collectors will die off and you might see something come up.. a Long shot at best

Rich=======================

Hey Rich,

How have you been? It been many years since I bought that excellent Prince Valiant Sword and Shield w/ box from you at SDCC. I suspect you're right. There probably aren't too many pages out there with great battle scenes, but I would even like a nice outdoor scene from the time when Val followed Aleta to America and lived with the Native Americans for a while. Foster's fall and winter scenes remind me a lot of when I lived in Maryland many years ago. Someday...... I can wait.

Mark

Hey Mark.. I wouldn't have known it was you unless you mentioned that great toy.. I've been okay.. took a long breather for years and had little to do w/ comics. Getting very active again as opposed to sideline active.. I no longer exhibit at San Diego once they took away all the great locations from those of us who were there from teh beginning so they could give them to movie companies & publishers.. I havent set up there since 2002. The people who run SDCC can rot in hell

About the Valiants.. I don't have one for sale at this point.. Heritage gets all of them now.. But maybe I can find something this year.. go to www.comicbidz.com and sign up.. If I get one.. I'll know how to reach you

best

Rich======================

There's a couple of Foster PRINCE VALIANT Sundays in the current RUSS COCHRAN COMIC ART AUCTION. The 1965 Sunday (the other's from 1971, so is outside of your sphere of interest) features some great outdoors scenery. On the minus side, Prince Val doesn't feature on the page . . .