• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wilhelm Uthe Translations Part 1

20 posts in this topic

I was asked by comicnut to translate some of the German message boards about Wilhelm Uthe. I decided to translate some of the postings word for word if I felt they were important. I summarized a few of them if they were too wordy or were rants. I would ask that you please refrain from making comments in this thread until I am done posting. I will let everyone know when I am done posting in this thread. I will also create a thread for each of the messages I received from comicnut. Please be patient with the time it takes to translate as there is quite a bit of information. I believe that all of you who were taken by this man will find this interesting.

The following messages were posted from June 19, 2006 to September 14, 2006.

Please feel free to comment now as this post is complete.

"You should also avoid anyone with the address:

Anatol Bryzinski

Dreischenbreitestrasse 2

31787 Hameln (his vacation home)

and

Jorg Geske

Koppelberg 14

31855 Aerzen

"brdrez" has been banned from Ebay without having any negative feedback. I guess Ebay wanted to do something about it before anything bad happened"

July 4th, 2006

"Today there was an Ebay seller who was auctioning off printed material from Mayster. This seller was immediately banned from Ebay before the auction ended. Unfortunately I didn't write down the name. I believe that Mr. U was somehow involved."

"He also used the name 'yzxtwo."

"'yzxtwo'...Yes that was definitely Mr. U. In the meantime Ebay reacted relatively quickly and banned this user, but Mr. U. somehow keeps coming back. When he submitted his account information, Ebay must have caught on and banned him. How many accounts can one person have, when they are registered with the "state" as unemployed? I believe that Ebay is trying to protect legitimate users."

July 5th, 2006 - August 11th, 2006

"The account 'yzxtwo' which was once banned from Ebay is being used again. How the hell could this happen?"

"This person 'yzxtwo' is definitely Uthe. Why Ebay let this user back, only Ebay can say."

"The following names and addresses were gathered by people who were ripped off by Mr. U on Ebay. Please note that the names and addresses are jumbled in order to make incorrect addresses.The addresses in Hamburg and Nuremberg do not exist. Here is the list of addresses and names:

Jessica Beyer

Anatol Brzynski

Anatol Bryzinski

Jörg Geske

Klaus Hameln (Tel. 05158 991475)

Friedrich Heidemann

Wilhelm Lustig

Roland Sandmann

Scott

Wilhelm Uthe

Wilhelm F. Uthe jun.

Antiqua 3000

Antiquariat Nord

Neues Antiquariat

Team Antiquariat

Team Neues Antiquariat

Adressen

22525 Hamburg

31787 Dreischenbreite 2

31787 Hameln, Hoper Straße 14

31787 Halvestorf, Hoper Straße 14

31787 Halvestorf, Hoper Weg 14

31840 Hessisch Oldendorf, Bürgermeister-Söhlke-Straße 22

31840 Hessisch-Oldendorf, Ortsteil Friedrichshagen

31855 Aerzen, Hoper-Straße 14

31855 Aerzen, Koppelberg 14

90443 Nürnberg, Frankenweg 10

Mr. U knows that the postman will correct the mistakes and then deliver it to him somehow.

Don't thinka bout getting e-mail addresses. He changes them like people change their socks"

September 13, 2006 - Spetember 14, 2006

There is one poster who bought a supposed 'mint' copy of a book that arrived torn in half and missing 8 pages. The Reader's Digest version: This firm does not exist. The buyer investigated Mr. U and found out that Mr. U, Peter Land, and Klaus Hameln are the same person. He field a complaint with the police and Mr. U can only be fined the equivalent of $269.

"Klaus Hameln is an old alias of Wilhelm F. Uthe."

Someone said..."Shouldn't he be in jail now? Everyone has to register with the 'state', so shouldn't he be easy to find?"

Answer to that question: "What a ridiculous question. Germany is a paradise for criminals to hide out in. Criminals like Mr. U can freely walk the streets, just like violent criminals. Force will only be used if the government knows they can fill their coffers with money from the arrests." (Nothing is going to happen to Mr. U.)

End of translations for part 1. If I have time tonight I will post part 2. If not, it will be posted tomorrow.

I am going to ask the stupid question ... crazy.gif

What the hell did this guy do? confused.gif

(a link to the thread where this is discussed in detail would be fine gossip.gif)

Mad Dog, he has been ripping people off for about 30 years. He deals in comics and either doesn't ship them after you pay or ships really beat up issues. I have more to post but am too tired to translate tonight. I will post parts 2 and 3 tomorrow.

Here's the link that started it all:

Wilhelm Uthe

Shouldn't this thread be in the General forum, where bad eBayers are usually outed (and will reach a broader audience), rather than in the rarified climes of the GA forum?

Great advice. I have done this and will post the other two translations today in comics general. Thanks!

I disagree.

This post is in this forum because Wilhelm Uthe deals in mainly GA comics.

I felt it necessary to start the original post in GA to warn my fellow GA collectors.

I for one don't have the time to bother with the general forum where there is so much junk.

My dad just got scammed by this guy for an Archie 14. He won it a month ago. Shockingly (hur hur) he never got it. I didn't hear much of the transaction, since I suppose he wanted it to be a surprise for me.

So my dad's on the computer next to me, and he goes

"I haven't gotten my comic from Germany..."

"Who did you buy it from?"

"Neues Antiquariat"

"Oh, no...."

My heart literally broke into pieces for my dad. He means so well and I hate it when he gets screwed over like this. He's actually on the phone with Paypal right now. Thankfully we'll get our money back, but I still wish it didn't happen to him.

Sorry, didn't mean to bump an old thread like this..

I am very glad this was posted under GA forum as too much gets buried under General forum after 1 day.

1 of my 1st potential eBay scams was perpatrated by an eBayer supposedly in London, UK. It was for a large for me, $7,500 US, purchase of original SA comic bk artwork. The vendor claimed his ex-wife by the alias of "Jessica Beyer" misdirected his PayPal solicitation for my funds, as she had access to all his email accts and passwords.

The vendor used Albert Moy as 1 of his references, so I contacted Albert who I had dealt with way back in 1979-80. Then I got a hi-end OA collector/lawyer who practices in France and London to check out the vendor's UK original art street cred. He said something was not right with this eBay seller. Be wary.

The bottom line is that eBay was able to follow up and my PayPal funds went to the right UK account, and the OA was sent by courier to me in Canada. :wishluck: