• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Source for Jaime Hernandez art?

6 posts in this topic

I'm thinking my next piece should be a Jaime Hernandez Love & Rockets page, but it's very hard to find any. The website listed in L&R is almost completely sold out of all stuff, and there never were any L&R pages there. I've contacted Jaime directly, but his response was that all his stuff was in disarray and he'd contact me once he got it sorted out. I've looked all over the internet and talked to a couple dealers, but no dice. Is he repped by anyone? Or does anyone know of any dealers that might have a page or two hundred?

not sure. i would like to say that i LOVE Jaime Hernandez. I got a sketch from him last year at Heroes...

jhernandezbl8.gif

cloud9.gif

oh, and thanks again to Kevin Boyd for the paper! big ups to you for that homie

many years ago i had a few love & rocket pages by jaime. but i sold them off . back in the late 80.s scott dunbier was the hernandez bros art rep. he had a ton of there stuff. from them, that were i bought my pages from. scott.s on caf site.you may want to contact him there and maybe he can point you to some of the pages he sold. hope this info help you out some.

larry ;]

Comic Art Collective is the site listed in L&R, and as you can see all but one piece is sold, and it's been like that for years. I had emailed him back in, I guess it was September, and got the response I noted, so maybe it's time to hit him up again. With Fantagraphics opening their shop maybe he got things in order, or maybe he didn't.

What really makes me ill is that years ago I mailed away for a catalog of their art and there were a number of choice pieces on it. I recall the cover of #48 was $600, a piece I would've loved with a big pic of Maggie, and I really thought hard about taking the plunge, but I was saving for a house and that would've been a sizable chunk. Ah, well.