• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pic from the NY Comic Con....check out this wall of GOLD !

48 posts in this topic

That's what he did last year - brought my books out there and I gave him a check. Of course we both travelled three thousand miles to do something that could have been done on the east coast, but what can you do.

Jeez... four Amazing Fantasy 15's! Four Amazing Spider-Man 1's! 893whatthe.gif

If you didn't go to last year's Comic Con in San Diego.. They had about 10 Amazing Fantasy's and 6 Amazing Spiderman 1's.. I've noticed that they sold a lot of their AF #15's. Must be a hot book right now

Yes, that's much more impressive than three 'Tec 27s.

poke2.gif

It is if you're a Silver Age man... makepoint.gif

Than I guess a Modern Age collector would be even more impressed if Metro had two Platinum Spidey #1's on the wall. 27_laughing.gif

Was that Metro booth? Looks like it.

Yes, their display is something to see.

Do you know who the guy in the photo is?

That's Frank. He's been with Metro for around a year now, maybe longer?

i've only met him via phone; if you REALLY sweet-talk him, he'll knock off shipping costs for you.

If you didn't go to last year's Comic Con in San Diego.. They had about 10 Amazing Fantasy's and 6 Amazing Spiderman 1's.. I've noticed that they sold a lot of their AF #15's. Must be a hot book right now

and will remain so for as long as geeks collect funny-books.

i've only met him via phone; if you REALLY sweet-talk him, he'll knock off shipping costs for you.

You are sooooo right. A VERY generous bunch. I once got 3% knocked off the sale price for my good behavior!

You are sooooo right. A VERY generous bunch. I once got 3% knocked off the sale price for my good behavior!

sign-funnypost.gif

Hey Mr.Bedrock,

I see you have only 3 posts under your belt, and you already got a sign-funnypost.gif from Ciorac....he's pretty much 'the man' around here......

why don't you tell us about yourself...

years of collecting?

favorite books?

grail quests?

.....and welcome to the Boards!

Steve

Hey Mr.Bedrock,

I see you have only 3 posts under your belt, and you already got a sign-funnypost.gif from Ciorac....he's pretty much 'the man' around here......

years of collecting?

favorite books?

grail quests?

Steve

as his close friend, let me answer these questions for him:

years of collecting? since third trimester.

favorite books? anything on my want list, apparently, as they always seem to have the most onerous prices.

grail quests? Rock Happening [no, not Rock Hudson; he died].

Hey Mr.Bedrock,

years of collecting?

favorite books?

grail quests?

Steve

Steve,

Mr. Bedrock is Richard Evans of Bedrock City Comic Company in Houston, he is a close buddy of mine, Rick's, Billy's, Matt's and Russ' (xavier logan).

He is also the owner of one fantastic high grade comic collection with a strong emphasis on Timely.

You won't find a better guy to do with business with.