• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batch Bidding

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever used Batch Bidding on Heritage before?...It warns not to use it an hour before the auction ends.....I know sometimes their site can be kind of slow....I was just wondering if anyone ever used it to snipe a bunch of stuff and how long before the hammer time did they hit the button??....I have high speed cable modem if that makes a difference.

J.D.

I wouldn't recomend using the batch bidding with less than 10 minutes to go. It is very hard to snipe on Heritage's site, and usually when I tried, I've lost one or two books that I really wanted.

You can definitely use it with less than 1 hour to go. Just don't cut it too close. The nice thing is if you really put in a max bid with 10 minutes to go, there is usually no "punishment" bid right at the end or snipe bidding. You can win books for a lot less than your maximum bid.

...however, all really good lots end up getting floor bids. So "winning" the first round only serves to pump up the final price. Thats great if youre just trying to make someone else pay too much...but not if toure planning to attend the auction and try to win it. Jusrt save your bid till the end.

...however, all really good lots end up getting floor bids. So "winning" the first round only serves to pump up the final price. Thats great if youre just trying to make someone else pay too much...but not if toure planning to attend the auction and try to win it. Jusrt save your bid till the end.

There is no floor on the Chicago lightning...its internet only.

J.D.

J.D.

Oh sure, go ahead and try to get those Wonder womans! 893naughty-thumb.gif

J.D.

Oh sure, go ahead and try to get those Wonder womans! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Not me Mitch,...I was looking at the 100 page Super-Spectaculars,...honest.

I think if I remember correctly (and help me out here guys)..as the hammer times draws near they spread the time intervals apart by lot...they can't all possibly end at the exact precise moment....but there is no floorbidding...I don't even think they put them on E-bay at the end either.

J.D.

If there is no floorbidding,

THEY ALL END AT THE SAME TIME.

Only in the Signature Auction (since there was live bidding), did the lots end at different times.

It is REALLY HARD TO SNIPE, on Heritage's Auctions. Maybe one book, but not as a batch. I've TRIED and FAILED.

Bid high on the books you really want, and hope that you don't pay the Max.

Or don't bid at all, and let me win everything. I promise to only mark them up 25% when I flip them on eBay. 27_laughing.gif