• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - The USAF Mildenhall Collection - Discounted 'Left-Overs' & All New Books!

1,445 posts in this topic

Damn! foreheadslap.gif

poke2.gif

batsvk3.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

wanted to make sure you saw it this time.

not that it would have bothered me, but i like date stamps so go figure

I missed it but I don't care. poke2.gif

Just to clear up the whole issue of the stamps that appear on some of these late 60s/early 70s DCs, as there seems to be some mis-conceptions…

When exporting books to the UK, the two main publishers took different tacks. Marvel actually replaced the printing plates for the price field, and at the end of the print run would produce a number of the notorious ‘pence’ copies. They were 1st prints, produced at exactly the same time as the usual run, and should not be viewed as either ‘price variants’ or 2nd prints.

DCs, on the other hand, really couldn’t be arsed going to all this trouble and simply sent over bundles from their standard print runs. However, when the books arrived here in the UK, the company used to distribute the books, Thorpe & Porter, would stamp them with a UK price to allow sale. This was very much part and parcel of the distribution process, was not ‘after-market’ and the stamps should not be viewed as any different to a distribution date stamp, as they occurred before point-of-sale.

Consequently, they do not have any effect on grade and should be a simple ‘do I or don’t I mind?’ thumbsup2.gif

OK, so today I’m bored in work, so we’re going to do a little thing I’d like to call ‘I Can’t Believe This 893censored-thumb.gif Book Hasn’t Sold Yet’.

No, I’m not going to relist everything, but there are a few items that I’m amazed have not shifted, either because they’re beautiful examples, they’re slightly tougher to get in grade, or they’re simply cool books to have. thumbsup2.gif

Maybe you missed them first time around, or perhaps you're new to the joys of the thread, or maybe...just maybe...you need a final little push to get you to pull the trigger. grin.gif

So, for your viewing pleasure, I am honoured to present...

Adventure Comics #435

VF/NM (9.0)

$35

AdventureComics435.jpg