• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More ebay nonsense

7 posts in this topic

I was reading some feedback left for a seller. I am considering buying from them. It looks like the buyer liked one of the books he won and hated the other? I wanted to email the buyer to ask him what happened and this is what ebay said to me:

Attention!

We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your wining buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.

So, here it is again,ebay protecting a person from any questions(buyers or sellers). What's the point of having open feedback if you can't inquire about the events?

Ebay has no clue what the buying public needs to know.

EBAY COULD CARE LESS WHAT HAPPENS. EXAMPLE: WHY IS IT SO HARD TO SEARCH OUT THE NEG FEEDBACK? SHOULD HAVE A TAB SO YOU CAN LOOK AT IT WITHOUT HAVING TO SEARCH THROUGH 10,000 GREEN COMMENTS. I ALSO TRIED TO CONTACT A FORMER BUYER WHO HAD NOTED "TOO HARD TO EXPLAIN E MAIL ME DIRECT" ON HIS COMMENT FOR THE SELLER. COULD NOT DO IT DUE TO E BAY EVEN THOUGH THE PERSON HAD *INVITED* THE CONTACT.

IT'S A SHAME. THIS IS WHY I MOSTLY STICK WITH THE PEOPLE I'VE DONE BUSINESS WITH IN THE PAST. TOO EASY TO SCAM.

I was reading some feedback left for a seller. I am considering buying from them. It looks like the buyer liked one of the books he won and hated the other? I wanted to email the buyer to ask him what happened and this is what ebay said to me:

Attention!

We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your wining buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.

So, here it is again,ebay protecting a person from any questions(buyers or sellers). What's the point of having open feedback if you can't inquire about the events?

I've had this happen before. When sending Ebay email, check for certain "keywords" that would be flagged by Ebay. Usually when I edit/re-state what I had written, it goes through.