• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Born #2

51 posts in this topic

But I can accept that years of the Punisher's war on crime have affected his mental state.

I agree totally, and my statements above referred to all these hacks "looking back" and changing the integral parts of what made a character interesting in the first place. That's dangerous.

Moving forward is a bit different and there has always been room for character development and change.

It's the difference between saying "Hey, let's make Spidey a mutant" and "Hey, let's give Iron Man a drinking problem".

i liek the series,its a good read,but it does confict with the whole"frank snapping cause the mob killed his family"thing.

when did spidey become a mutant?

I say Spidey is a mutant because if the bight gave him the abilities of a spider, (IE, Strength, agility,speed) no spider has a Danger warning sence. I maintain it is a mutant ability that was unlocked when he gained the others

when did spidey become a mutant?

I say Spidey is a mutant because if the bight gave him the abilities of a spider, (IE, Strength, agility,speed) no spider has a Danger warning sence. I maintain it is a mutant ability that was unlocked when he gained the others

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Here's a hint: Don't ever mix logic with funny books.

i dont know any canadians with claws and a healing factor either

Not to mention that Spidey doesn't have fangs or venom of any type, both of which the spider that bit him had.

Once you open up the "logic door" to these admittedly stupid and hastily-designed characters, you get into issues with Iron Man's pliable metal suit, Sub-Mariner's teeny foot wings, Ben Grimm's sex life, Hulk's "always on" purple pants, and many, many more.

Just keep a vivid imagination and it'll all work out for the best...

Not to mention that Spidey doesn't have fangs or venom of any type, both of which the spider that bit him had.

Once you open up the "logic door" to these admittedly stupid and hastily-designed characters, you get into issues with Iron Man's pliable metal suit, Sub-Mariner's teeny foot wings, Ben Grimm's sex life , Hulk's "always on" purple pants, and many, many more.

Superman's sex life ::shudder::. Poor Lois! Are all parts of Superman invulnerable?

Once you open up the "logic door" to these admittedly stupid and hastily-designed characters, you get into issues with Iron Man's pliable metal suit, Sub-Mariner's teeny foot wings, Ben Grimm's sex life , Hulk's "always on" purple pants, and many, many more.

Superman's sex life ::shudder::. Poor Lois! Are all parts of Superman invulnerable?

the only thing i can think of now is the scene from mallrats with brodie and the kyptonite condom speach,lol.

Back on Track...

Could it not be supposed that this born series is what laid the foundation for the punisher to snap when his familly was killed?

Maybey he was allways Jungle psycho and this just shows it.

When he leave the army he represses it.

But then the death of his famiily brings it to the surface again!

And this time for good

Back on Track...

Could it not be supposed that this born series is what laid the foundation for the punisher to snap when his familly was killed?

And this time for good

Maybe it's just another hack-job, ret-con intended to make Jemas even more green-backs?

Back on Track...

And this time for good

Maybe it's just another hack-job, ret-con intended to make Jemas even more green-backs?

Maybey not...

This would have been a hell of a snap for someone. Most are satisfied with killing only those responsible for the death of a loved one.

None go bonkers and kill all mobsters.

This would have been a hell of a snap for someone. Most are satisfied with killing only those responsible for the death of a loved one.

You may be right. Just the other day I capped the hobo responsible for killin' my granpappy and I'm pretty satisfied.... for now.

How did you take it after you got done killing?

You may be right. Just the other day I capped the hobo responsible for killin' my granpappy and I'm pretty satisfied.... for now.

How did you take it after you got done killing?

I felt Good..

The BBQ was better

Back on Track...

And this time for good

Or maybe, just maybe it might be a comic that is well-written and enjoyable? Jesus, Vince - do you like any comics published today?

*Bump*

My local shop had a cool sign underneath "Born #3" which came out yesterday:

"As much as this series sucks, the [Punisher] movie will suck even worse!"

I think "Born" is interesting as a Vietnam/war book, but as "the origin of the Punisher", it completely blows. Just as with "Trouble", there is NO WAY I am accepting this as part of "official" continuity. As far as I'm concerned, the killing of Frank Castle's family by the Mob pushed him over the edge into becoming the Punisher, end of story. No way am I accepting that he was a bloodthirsty psychopath during Vietnam. SCREW YOU GARTH ENNIS!!!

Gene

Don't worry, later they'll reveal that THIS Frank Castle is a CLONE! And then all will be OK in the Marvel universe once more. smile.gif