• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Promotional Comics

12 posts in this topic

I found an interview with Bill Gaines where he talks about the Reddy Kilowatt issues in Tales of Terror! The EC Companion. I've updated the EC promotional comics page based on this new information.

Updated page: EC promotional comics

At this point I firmly believe that Overstreet has confused The Story of Edison with issue "2C" which is subtitled "The Story of Edison". Based on the interview, it appears that I am missing an image for "3B", The Space Kite 1956 (Regular Edition). It is unknown at this time if there is a Regular Edition of "3C" (which would be issue "3D" based on the Gaines numbering system?).

Wow,

thanks for all that information.

I bought the two on ebay, plus the Reddy Made Magic which was dated 1958.

I usually only collect Kite Fun Books, but these may have replaced them in those

years. My employeer is SCE, so I want them, of course.

As far as Space Kite. The only CGC copy is a 1956 pictured here: I think it is the one your missing.

web page

Also, I have seen two variants of the 1960 reprint. One is blank at the bottom of back cover and the other says "Metropolatin Electric Company." I have the latter and pics of earlier I got off ebay many years ago.

The Reddy Made Magic I just bought on ebay says Southern California Edison on it. It is dated 1958. I am wondering based on your info if there is also a 1956 for edison. Oh well, more to look for.

My thinking is SCE got there own version based on the quantity ordered. I know the Kite Fun Books were distrbuted thorughout the territory to schools. The number I have for 1998 Kite Safety book is 1.2 million.

Today I learned something, and found there is more I don't know yet.

Dave

I won an eBay auction last week that contained a copy of The Space Kite (1956 regular edition) so I was finally able to add a decent thumbnail to the EC Promotional Comics page. This covers all the known EC Promotional comics, although I don't have the latest Overstreet to check if any new discoveries have turned up in the past year. Does anyone know if any new ECs have been discovered?