• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raleigh Comix Con Sunday March 4th-Anyone else going?

11 posts in this topic

This Sunday at the Holiday Inn Crabtree will be another Comix Con! I was planning on going as a buyer (looking for HG Weird Westerns 9.6 and better) but decided to get a table and push some slabs, raw stuff and Star Wars stuff I don't want. Small show but a lot of fun! Anyone else going please post so I know how many breakfast muffins to pack-think of it as a Board Member Breakfast! Good times!

char092.gif Chris

Cool. I might go. I live in Greenville. I forgot it was already time for another one. I haven't been in a while and I collect OA mostly, but it could be fun to go. You have to take what you can get in NC lol.

Must be the part of NC you live in. In my parts of NC, i can go to about 8 shows a year that take me at the most 2 hours to get to and that is the one in Greensboro.

5 Charlotte Shows

2 Hickory Shows

2 Morganton shows (small but getting better)

not bad from where I sit confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm on the east coast. It sounds like your'e in the west...That figures..I'd be on the wrong side for cons. Charlottes about 4 hours away unfortunately. I hate driving so I don't go that way too often. Of the 5 shows..assuming one's Heroes..are they any good? Other than Heroes I mean.

I'm on the east coast. It sounds like your'e in the west...That figures..I'd be on the wrong side for cons. Charlottes about 4 hours away unfortunately. I hate driving so I don't go that way too often. Of the 5 shows..assuming one's Heroes..are they any good? Other than Heroes I mean.

Yeah, im in between Hickory and Boone. So most of the shows are Charlotte shows and they only take me a little over 1 hour to get there.

The other 4 shows are ok. I havent been to the last 2 or so, and even the one i did go to, i just went to hang out with some of the fellas on the boards. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Im a HG SA colelctor and I usually have a narrow focus, so its always hit or miss with me.

Arex

I live in Swansboro which is 5 1/2 hours from HeroesCon (can't wait!) and about 2 hrs away from Raleigh. We have no shows happening here though I have considered renting out the local Rotary center and hosting a show. I have set up at several small shows and think it would be a blast to get something together like that down here. I will be with my wife and wearing this shirt because it makes me feel super! (ugh confused-smiley-013.gif) I am on the far right!

P7040287.jpg

I brought some statues with me for the first Comix Con I went to in 2005 and sold them all very quickly. It's in a new hotel which Lyn Anderson says is nicer and the show room bigger. Good times!

yay.gifChris

How was the show? Was it at the Holiday Inn right at the corner of 70 and I-440? I drove right by it around 4 PM on my way back into town...figured it was probably over by then or I would've stopped in.

Ugh! I had a work issue pop up early Sunday morning that required me to go in. I got home after 10 am dead tired and didn't feel like making the 2 hour drive. frown.gif . I will be taking leave for HeroesCon!

yay.gifChris

I live in Swansboro which is 5 1/2 hours from HeroesCon (can't wait!) and about 2 hrs away from Raleigh. We have no shows happening here though I have considered renting out the local Rotary center and hosting a show. I have set up at several small shows and think it would be a blast to get something together like that down here. I will be with my wife and wearing this shirt because it makes me feel super! (ugh confused-smiley-013.gif) I am on the far right!

P7040287.jpg

I brought some statues with me for the first Comix Con I went to in 2005 and sold them all very quickly. It's in a new hotel which Lyn Anderson says is nicer and the show room bigger. Good times!

yay.gifChris

You look very much like the O-coordinator at Richmond Sr. He also used to be the head coach at the school I coach wrestling at.