• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Book Spectacular

57 posts in this topic

suhweet! I'm going to be in Beantown that weekend, so will for sure stop by! I used to set up at the good 'ol Boston shows, but time has not allowed me to partake in those lately.....And glad to see Payette, Ted and Sol will be there with their goodies..... thumbsup2.gif

Glad to hear that you can make it from the wilds of Vermont! I spent a good part of yesterday convincing folks at our Portland, Maine show that the Boston Comic Book Convention location is three blocks in a straight line to Interstate 93/95. We have done more advertising to reach more collectors than ever before and expect an excellent turnout.

As always Jim, Ted and Sol and many other quality dealers will be bringing their "goodies".

Primarily Bronze Age (Neal Adams Batman and Detective runs especially), but I am also looking for a few early Marvel Silver Age ASMs, FFs, DDs and X-Men in mid grade.

The show caters to 99% of all comic book collectors. You will have a good time at the show.

Say hello.

There is a picture of me with Mike Grell on the front page at primatepromotions.com. I am on the right.

The show caters to 99% of all comic book collectors. You will have a good time at the show.

Say hello.

There is a picture of me with Mike Grell on the front page at primatepromotions.com. I am on the right.

Thanks. This will actually be my first US based show. I have bought a bunch of books off of Ted over the past few years so I am looking forward to getting a chance to meet him in person. Which of the other dealers should I check out for Silver/Bronze age books?

Say hello.

Thanks. This will actually be my first US based show. I have bought a bunch of books off of Ted over the past few years so I am looking forward to getting a chance to meet him in person. Which of the other dealers should I check out for Silver/Bronze age books?

The majority of dealers will have Bronze/Silver age comics in varying quantities. A good idea might be to contact them in advance of the show. There is a link section at primatepromotions.com. We have always had certain dealer standards of quality and still manage to be Boston's largest Comic Book show without catering to the charlatans and frankenbook makers of the hobby. It's the quality of dealers such as Superworld, Jim Payette and Odyssey Comics that make the show.

I have bought a bunch of books off of Ted over the past few years so I am looking forward to getting a chance to meet him in person.

Ted's a peach. They don't come much nicer.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Is anyone else going to this? I will be in Boston that weekend for BIO 2007 and would like to meet some of the other board members at the show or over lunch.

hi.gif

Lunch is on Mike. (Comicartfan)

No one knows me very well yet, but I'll be there. smile.gif

I'll be the 6'6" 350-pound bearded geek. You can't miss me.

Oh wait. It's a comic convention ... foreheadslap.gif

It's a comic convention...not a wrestling match. sumo.gif

I'm the tall geek with really geeky glasses and a geeky knit cap and geeky muttonchops, carrying a black geeky bag. I usually look pretty confused. And geeky.

And I'm NOT the Mike who's buying lunch!

I'm the tall geek with really geeky glasses and a geeky knit cap and geeky muttonchops, carrying a black geeky bag. I usually look pretty confused. And geeky.

No the Mike buying lunch is the sucker, your the geek.

You fit into the crowd fine.

Did you find anything interesting at the show?

I picked up a few books from Superworld at the show, with the nicest item being a high grade copy of Silver Age Green Lantern #7. I will post pics of the loot when I get home from BIO this weekend. Odyssey had some nice books and artwork as well, but nothing that I was looking for.

It was good to meet goldenage, comicartfan and silverandbronze (hope I got these right) at the show, as well as a couple of other collectors whose usernames I can't remember.

I picked up a couple Schomburg-cover Fighting Yanks, and met a couple guys from the board, even though we only spoke briefly.

Next time, I'll be more organized and try to meet some folks for lunch. (I heard something about someone named Mike buying? smile.gif )