• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer 4

28 posts in this topic

If that book has slight ink flecking along the spine, it's a solid 7.5. At least that is what you and I agreed on when you bought it from me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Roy I have quite a few of these (one of my favorite colors) and I don't remember which one was the one you sold me. I keep bad records, which is to say none at all. sorry.gif

blush.gif Before I scrolled down, my grade was 7.5. I'm apparently harsh with grading from a scan, so maybe I'm a tad low but no way do I see that in 9.0+ territory. But its still a nice book! If I ever get a scanner for home I'd like to toss mine up for review.

If that book has slight ink flecking along the spine, it's a solid 7.5. At least that is what you and I agreed on when you bought it from me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Roy I have quite a few of these (one of my favorite colors) and I don't remember which one was the one you sold me. I keep bad records, which is to say none at all. sorry.gif

So it's Roy's book? Or it's not?

If it is . . . 6.5 sumo.gif

poke2.gif

So it's Roy's book? Or it's not?

If it is . . . 6.5 sumo.gif

poke2.gif

After digging around on the site archives I've determined that it is his.

Sorry Roy, but thats the problem with buying from scans. Your scan didn't look that good and at the time I thought it looked 7.0 and negotiated based on that. You mentioned that you had a hard time grading squarebounds so I was even more sceptical because of that. I was also comparing to a CGC 7.5 that I had, which really isn't a good thing to do. Now that I've cracked a few out of slabs I realize that the slabs seem to make them look better sometimes. In hand its much better and the scan shows well.

7.5 is really what I think on the book myself. The back cover is just to dirty.

However, it is very possible that the scan is making it look worse than it is in person.

9.0?

I dont know....

I can see it hitting 8.0 though.