• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone bought any collections recently????

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought any collections recently???? I am asking only because I used to be able to purchase a good collection maybe once a month. Now, with ebay its seems everyone justs puts their own books up on auction. At the current rate I only seem to get a half decent collection now about every 4 months. Auctions are nice but not being able to have the opportunity to buy collections seems to be the other edge of the sword. It used to be someone would walk in the shop once a week with at least a few books to buy. Now, since the online auctions have slowly become more popular over the years, have any of you also had this problem of being offered a lot less collections to buy?

Recently bought a collection on eBay of 500+ (the bulk being from 1976-1981) Marvel and DC comics with 90% of the comics in VF/NM from a former collector in Texas. Also had various DC 100 Pagers mixed in (my favorites)..... grin.gif

Jim

is your name "No. I'm Spartacus"

or, Nolm Spartacus"

If its the former I just got the joke! ha ha

Hello aman619

Yes, its the former. "No, I'm Spartacus".

Great movie. Just wish I had a better copy of the book which I own only in Vg condition.

It's been a sloooow summer for me too; but I managed to get about 30 mint uncle scrooge gladstone issues for 20 bucks, a fair JIM 84 and a fair FF 7 for $2 each, all from the same sale. I also snagged a fair/good Hulk 180 for $9 (felt the guy was rippin me) but he threw in a dozen or so mint condition volume 1 ASM's north of issue #400 for 50 cents each, which I needed for my run.

Then yes I have but mostly from Ebay.

I bought a Large early X-men Run and some moderns.

I have bought a few mini series in my time!!

most people I know dont collect comics