• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taking GOOD care of your comics?

10 posts in this topic

I've got most of my slabbed books sitting on shelf, above my desk. My naked books are in mylar bags with acid-free boards. These are in a cardboard, comic-book box that I picked up at a local comic shop. My favorite books are a Hulk 181 CGC 9,6 and Hulk#1 CGC 5.0 SS Stan Lee. My question is: How do you guys store/protect your books (slabbed and unslabbed)? Do some of your books get special treatment? What do you recommend I do?

FYI: Technically, isn't it possible for unslabbed and even slabbed books to disintegrate over very long periods of time? ....How do you prevent that? I mean, the U.S. government protects the Declaration of Independence, right? confused.gif

Thanks!

-Issa

Use microchamber paper, acid free tape, and acid free boxes, should protect the books from offgassing. and I think CGC books are supposed to be reslabbed every 7 years or so.

Use microchamber paper, acid free tape, and acid free boxes, should protect the books from offgassing. and I think CGC books are supposed to be reslabbed every 7 years or so.

Is that true about slabs? Hadn't heard that before.

Yeah. I think it was something Steve Borock recommended. thumbsup2.gif

Nick, do they also change the inner well? I've had books reslabbed but it was always my impression that they only changed the outer well. hi.gif

Nick, do they also change the inner well? I've had books reslabbed but it was always my impression that they only changed the outer well. hi.gif

I only sent in one comic before for reholdering and they changed both. I just sent 8 books for reholdering and I sent them specifically for the entire treatment. I hope thats how they come back

Yes. They change the microchamber paper in the book and put it in a completely new slab...inner well included.