• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about all these Pep Comics?

47 posts in this topic

hi.gif

35, 38 and 60 smile.gif

Congrats - I was going to bid $350 on the #34 - but as I was setting my bid it went over in the last minute. I guess I'll stick with my FR for a while longer.

That sixty was an Ohio copy but does anyone know why the 59 went for over 400.00 ?

Perhaps I bought it because of the grade?

661f_3.JPG

Plus it's a "Archie in Drag" issue with spanking panels. Black Hood story NOT in costume. A mini-MLJ "key" for me, and both copies I've had in the past really sucked condition-wise.

So, I picked up the 31, the 33, the 39 and the 59 off of Bigloo today.

On a side deal, I bought a Pep 36, 42 and 43 off of another person tonight.

Yesterday I found a Pep 14 in a comic shop for $108 bucks; easily a VG/Fine.

My collection is growing and my bank account shrinking.

God, I love life! cloud9.gif

Congratulations to all you PEP-boys out there... I only hope the dentist lets some Centaur's go at some point (unbound, please)! I'm not a PEP collector, but what a great run to choose from!

Although, must be frustrating when they all come up for sale at the same time? poke2.gif

I'm curious if any more of the early Archie Pep covers will show up. 44 and 49 were there but issues 36, 41-50 are probably the highest in demand since they feature covers with Archie and the Shield together.

If he offers any more of those issues in decent shape, there should be a good amount of interest.