• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about all these Pep Comics?

47 posts in this topic

I'm curious if any more of the early Archie Pep covers will show up. 44 and 49 were there but issues 36, 41-50 are probably the highest in demand since they feature covers with Archie and the Shield together.

If he offers any more of those issues in decent shape, there should be a good amount of interest.

I would absolutely like to upgrade my 42-49, but after being outbid on the 44 at $1100 I'm not sure I would win any... frown.gif

Congrats on the 25 thumbsup2.gif

I think that and the 27 were the best deals of the group.

Thanks, I really thought I wasn't going to win it. Great price too grin.gif

Its almost as good as the time I picked up Pep Comics #22 in mid-grade on ebay for $2800 back in 1999. Boy, those were the days.

Congrats on the 25 thumbsup2.gif

I think that and the 27 were the best deals of the group.

Thanks, I really thought I wasn't going to win it. Great price too grin.gif

Its almost as good as the time I picked up Pep Comics #22 in mid-grade on ebay for $2800 back in 1999. Boy, those were the days.

So that was you! foreheadslap.gif

That sixty was an Ohio copy but does anyone know why the 59 went for over 400.00 ?

I thought it had to do with the fact that issue #59 was actually a bit sharper than issue #60.

Which brings me to another question............Is Dave about the only collector/dealer who is able to continuously sell raw books and yet still be able to achieve mutiples to guide in this otherwise CGC dominant era of marketing? hail.gif

Which brings me to another question............Is Dave about the only collector/dealer who is able to continuously sell raw books and yet still be able to achieve mutiples to guide in this otherwise CGC dominant era of marketing? hail.gif

Metropolis seems to do pretty well but you're right, I'm surprised by the prices he gets. Guess it has to do with the desirability/availability of what he's selling.

Metropolis seems to do pretty well but you're right, I'm surprised by the prices he gets. Guess it has to do with the desirability/availability of what he's selling.

I think it's that and the fact that there appears to be a mystique that surrounds him due to the fact that he owns the Church Action 1. People just seem willing to pay more,partially due to that. It's as if the magic of that book will rub off on the other books he has. IMO of course.

I think it's that and the fact that there appears to be a mystique that surrounds him due to the fact that he owns the Church Action 1. People just seem willing to pay more,partially due to that. It's as if the magic of that book will rub off on the other books he has. IMO of course.

Dave may also have his own long-time fan base of customers that others are not generally able to reach.

Was anyone here the buyer for this copy of Pep 36 on CLINK?

It's only in about good but it is nice looking. Speaking of how early Peps command a premium over guide, even though the quoted OS price for this condition is shown, the book sold at a premium with no problem.

PEP 23 is now up for grabs...i wonder if a PEP 22 would come out. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I guess the Pep 23 is no longer up for grabs as somebody just sniped it for $4,801.77. 893whatthe.gif

Talk about a steaming hot book since that works out to about 5X guide for a raw book in VF- condition. Wonder if one of the board members here manged to get it as I just couldn't justify paiding that kind of price on the book and I though my bid was already way over the top. Christo_pull_hair.gif

$4,800 for Pep #23. I just happened to look at this a minute before it ended and it picked up a couple thousand in the last minute.

Pep 23

To be more precise, not in the last minute as it was really more in the last 20 seconds of the auction.

It's actually amazing how long 10 seconds can take in an auction and how much can be done if you can type and click fast enough.

These 3 new Pep Comics were waiting for me on my porch today when I got home from work!! For some reason, the #42 is one of the very hardest to find (possibly harder than the #47)

Enjoy!

pep36.jpg

pep42.jpg

pep43.jpg

Yeah and restoration would have to be so extensive because of all the work you'd have to do on the pages. Otherwisw you'd have a restored cover and tan pages with rounded edges all around. To each their own though.