• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moon Knight?

34 posts in this topic

You know, I'm as big, or an even bigger fan of Moon Knight as anyone, but exactly when did he become a "Key" character in the Marvel mythos? His appearances have gone through the roof, and he can't even sustain a title of his own for long...

Any opinions?

-Joe

Another Marvel character that benefited from the early 90s speculation boom that never completely cooled off.....

He became a really hot character when a guy named Stephen Platt started drawing the character. He subsequently took the opportunity to capitalize on his Wizard hype and quickly jumped to Image. Never could understand why he was hot....I never cared much for his art. Moon Knight issues, especially Bronze and Platt drawn issues, spiked. The Platt issues have come back to earth. The Bronze issues have stayed above their previous prices.

Also, some long time collectors like the character and may be seeking back issues; no doubt boosting the prices somewhat.

Jim

Moon Knight is one of those few characters that Marvel can't seem to catch on. How many different series has Moon Knight had? Not to mention how many appearances in other titles.

I always thought he was kinda cool, although I didn't care for the disguises he had.

The second series (where he was the Fist of Khonshu) I liked for some reason...

I've always liked Moon Knight and can't seem to see why he doesn't get the props some other characters do....Bill S did some great art on the first series as well...

I flat-out LOVED the Sienkewietz stuff. His work (back when he was a Neal Adams Clone...) was just off-the-chart, and I though Doug Moench's writing was great, too.

I went back and picked up all his early appearances back in the early `80's. I always like the character, and most of the supposting cast, but the multiple identities got somewhat tedious at times...

Perhaps if someone like Grant Morrison got hold of him, and boiled the character down to his bare essence, we might get to see his true potential?

Probably just a pipe-dream, but I'd love to see it happen... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

-Joe

moon knight has one of the coolest costume designs in the marvel u... and one of the lamest back stories and has never really been treated well. the key is to find something interesting about him...

although at the most recent big apple... some dealer had a vf/nm copy of moon knight's first appearance for 50% off guide... i was tempted to get it... but ultimately passed.

Try Finding a WWBN 32 above 9.4.

I've only seen one 9.6 and it was miswrapped pretty bad. I expected to have another opportunity, but nothing! Anyone have a 9.6 32 for me?

No, but I've got an interesting # 37. It's not for you though smirk.gif

I've only seen one 9.6 and it was miswrapped pretty bad. I expected to have another opportunity, but nothing! Anyone have a 9.6 32 for me?

I saw that 9.8 37...wasn't overly interested with only a 9.4 32. Be thankful i wasn't 27_laughing.gif

If I had a 9.6/9.8 32 and 33... one of us would have cost the other a decent chunk I bet... assuming we're talking about that 9.8 37 I saw somewhat recently

I saw that 9.8 37...wasn't overly interested with only a 9.4 32. Be thankful i wasn't 27_laughing.gif

If I had a 9.6/9.8 32 and 33... one of us would have cost the other a decent chunk I bet... assuming we're talking about that 9.8 37 I saw somewhat recently

interesting37.jpg

The second series (where he was the Fist of Khonshu) I liked for some reason...

I've always liked Moon Knight and can't seem to see why he doesn't get the props some other characters do....Bill S did some great art on the first series as well...

Yes, Bill S. was simply awesome on the first Moon Knight series. I just love that series. I have them all. I really like the Moon Knight and here's hoping that he catches on someday and has a very long running series...say 300+ issues with huge back issue demand.

I have one.... badly wrapped. frown.gif

I'd like better, but that book is horrible for mis-wraps.