• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

The above copy has P.D.C. printed on the cover , which I believe stands for Printed in the Dominion of Canada. It also has "15 cents in Canada" printed under the 10 cent price. This is not to be confused with being a Canadian copy as all the the ads I've ever seen in a P.D.C. book are for U.S. companies - Cheslers as well as Four Stars. This isn't much different from modern comics today which are almost always printed in Canada. I don't know off-hand if there are both Canadian and domestic printings of any of these books that were both produced for the U.S. market, but it might explain differences in color.

Shiverbones - 3x guide for a Good copy of Roly Poly 14 is probably as good a deal as you are going to get unless you find a dealer who is unaware of the real value of this book. I paid $200 for the VG- copy 3 years ago, which at the time was more like 6 or 7x guide. I've had my share of great deals over the years, but this wasn't one of them - but look at it this way, this book guides for barely more than #15! How much relative demand is there for the two books? My guess is that for every person looking for a #15, there has to be at least 20 looking for a #14.

Thats a good point. I of course didn't expect my 2x guide bid to be knocked that far out of the park. It all went to the last few seconds and i was unprepared, i had never seen another to base my price on. I didn't know of the following this book had until afterwards and began seeing it on more and more want lists.