• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Im glad you guy's enjoy them. I've got many more to show ,& while I love high grade books like everyone else sometimes I can't afford high grade; and sometimes just a nice solid copy is all you can find. Especially for Golden Age. It's taken me years to find some books. I hope to see some more of you guys posting your books also. If you've been collecting long enough sometimes your just happy enough to find it in any grade. I've been collecting on and off since 1965. I have a near complete Marvel Silver Age collection. 98% complete. I've been delving in the Golden Age for the last 10-12 years. I've also been working on DC Silver Age. My collection runs from near mint-fair. I'm a buy and hold kind of guy, but I know one day I will start selling them. I love the history & the hobby of collecting comics. I've learned ALOT on these boards. I'm still learning. I love it! cloud9.gif

Thanks,

Ray

Another classic Schomburg. Someone once described this as "the poor man's Suspense #3", that's an overstatement, but it does seem almost as hard to find. It's interesting that when "scarce" books start demanding high prices they start getting easier to find (seems like somebody is always selling a Cap 74 - you know there's more than 20 out there, hell, even I have one) - conversely alot of books with classic covers that aren't regarded by Gerber as being especially rare, hardly ever seem to be for sale.

AllNew 8

That Pep 30 rocks! Of course war era Peps are always cool. Another cover I had overlooked in the Gerber. I had forgotten about the Schomburg Pep 29 cover, didn't he also do the cover of 38? I still haven't unpacked my Gerbers from a move over a year ago. I once made my self a list of all Schomburg's war covers with the idea of eventually collecting them all. It was well over 200, so it's a very long term goal, but I do try and pick up a few every year.