• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Although the pre-hero covers are my favorite, I love all the early Detectives (especially when they are this nice!). Thanks for posting. thumbsup2.gif

The case is pretty cracked up but is still stable. I knew it was when I was getting it but thanks to Metro's good shipping it survived the 90 mile trip. I was debating on whether to send it in for a new slab but I figure why put the book through any trauma if it's going to remain in my collection. Here's another earlier Joker Tec.

tec69.JPG

Crack 'em and read 'em!

And then give 'em a good whiff while you're at it! grin.gifflowerred.gif

Alan

893whatthe.gif

I do at least have the stories I want to read in the Archives for those books. OK so they are different print and don't have the same smell...

I rest my case .... sumo.gif

Come on, it's not like they're 9.6 Edgar Churches or anything! Even I wouldn't dream of cra- ... er, never mind. shy.gif

Alan

I like that Detective #69! I don't have any of the archives. Do they reprint just the Batman stories or do they also include the backup features? What about the old ads?

They only do the Batman stories but that's about all I'd be interested in and many of them are horrible and boring. And they also dont have any of the ads. The Joker stories are definitely some of the better ones. Some of the horror people might enjoy Tec 64. There is a nice little panel of the of the electric chair. And the Joker does officially die in the electric chair. He prearranges with some of his chronies to steal his body and use a time sensative serum to bring him back. When he walks around on the streets Batman is unable to touch him due to double jeopary. Since Joker had been executed he had paid his dues to society. I still haven't gotten through all my archives and I have had them for about 6 months now. I sat down and read all the joker ones in order except I think I mixed upt one story...

Edited by Mephisto44

I just posted this in the Grading section, but it certainly belongs here:

National52.jpg

It's a solid copy, and the price was right. Really, I just bought it to perpetuate the myth to Mephisto that I have no collecting direction!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

J/K big "M" thumbsup2.gif

National52.jpg

It's a solid copy, and the price was right. Really, I just bought it to perpetuate the myth to Mephisto that I have no collecting direction!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

No kidding this one doesn't even have any super heroes unless that Barker has poweres like Banshee and the Strong Man can lift like Superman. 893naughty-thumb.gif What company is that? If it were DC they could have worked the Joker into the Circus of Laughs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif You got to love midget's though.

Edited by Mephisto44

I thought most of the Boy Commandos stories in Detective were superb, IMO.

Timely

893whatthe.gif That Tec 64 I mentioned with the Joker electric chair story also happens to be the "Boys" 1st appearance. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Too bad I don't have photoshop...in the fashion of Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos, I could create Michael Jackson and his Boy Commandos.

National52.jpg

What company is that?

I am pretty sure it was published by Quality Comics. As for the lack of Super Heroes, not all of us have your collecting budget Big "M", what with 3 car payments, 2 Kids, a mortage, credit cards, day care, tutoring costs etc etc etc..........and yes I would like some Cheese with my wine thumbsup2.gif

ahhhhhhhhh Midget's cloud9.gif

Edited by kryptonitecomics