• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

acclaim.gif Thanks, everyone! I really like the colors on that cover! acclaim.gif

Shield: Thats actually Lightning Vol. 2 #2 (#8) . It was published by ACE and ran for 13 issues? The first 3 or 4 issues were called Sure-Fire Comics before the name changed to Lightning. The lead character was called "Flash" Lightning but he also had a name change to "Lash" Lightning (maybe at DC comics suggestion?). ACE publications most famous comic was probably Super-Mystery starring Magno and Davey, his boy sidekick.

Timely: I have all the comics on the list you looked up for me but I thought maybe the Hyper and Punch might be Larson copies because they are so nice. I didn't know they weren't found in Larsons collection. For some reason I never thought about them coming from a different "nice" collection. After pedigreeman suggested there were a few finds of high quality books throughout the 60's - 70's it makes me wonder just where the Hyper and Punch were found. I ask because I got about 5 of the books on the above list at one time in a trade with a local collector. Guess I should have asked him where he got them... 893blahblah.gif

Speaking of Fantastic Comics, here's the Denver copy of #1, unslabbed and unrestored. 436512-scan0002.jpg

Nice book here. Only other nice copy which I saw was the one at the Diamond Gallery opening. Fishler and Showcase thought it may have been the Larson copy.

Also saw a super nice copy of Mystery Men #1 at the opening which was listed as the Denver copy. If this is the case, then the Denvers appears to be a pretty nice pedigree.

Timely; do you have any listed conditions for the Larson copies of Adventure Comics #41, Thrilling Comics #1, and Wonderworld Comics #3? Thanks in advance for your help. thumbsup2.gif

Timely; do you have any listed conditions for the Larson copies of Adventure Comics #41, Thrilling Comics #1, and Wonderworld Comics #3? Thanks in advance for your help. thumbsup2.gif

Adventure #41 VF

Thrilling #1 NM/M

Wonderworld #3 NM/M

Timely

Timely- do you have that Larson list in digital form? It would be a great favor for collectors if it's placed online. I'd be happy to host those files on my webpage if needed. Even if list exist only on paper it should be scanned.

btw how many Larson books there are?

Gorgeous. My copy of Amazing Mystery Funnies #1 is more like a G/VG, but I love it all the same.

I've got a small trove of Centaurs, including Amazing-Man 5, a full run of Detective Picture Stories, a full run of Comics Magazine, and a lot more cool books. I now have 17 of the 24 issues in the Keen Detective Funnies run as well, including 3 of the Church copies. When I get my scanner up and running again, I'll start putting them up. In general, though, my books won't be near the grade quality of the ones you're putting up. I'm lucky to find them at all, much less in high grade.

Here is my copy of Superman 14, which I bought last year. The cover has been reattached from the inside, so it doesn't spoil the external appearance too badly. Otherwise (yeah, I know that's major!) it's in great condition. My all-time favorite Superman image!

438181-superman-14.jpg

438181-superman-14.jpg.d05036ec883540da21a6fa57728ba474.jpg

Edited by CaptainBackfire