• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

That's a beauty, POV! Thanks for sharing.

---

I just won another big lot of Mickey Mouse Mags to upgrade 4 issues in my collection.

A bit annoying to end up with 42 more duplicates, but getting so close to a complete

high grade run is kind of addictive.

On that note, if anyone knows what happened to the VF/NM V1#2 that

Metropolis had for sale recently, I'll pay 50% more than their asking price.

I listed this one before in the Skeletons thread, but it finally showed up in the mail today. It's not high grade, but it's my first CGC GA book. It's a pedigree to boot (Big Apple is an official pedigree isn't it?). grin.gif

ghost11.jpg

It looks from the scan like the top right hand corner of the cover has come off inside the case. Is this true and if so what would the grade be now?

Yes, I immediately spotted that too! OUCH! 893whatthe.gif

Looks like the cover got stuck between the layers of the inner well when it was sealed!

If I got that back from CGC, I'd have pursued them for compensation for the devaluation!

Yeah I was rather disappointed when I saw that had happened. I bought it off ComicLink and it appears as though it happened in shipping. The packaging was great... I think it was just a weak corner and came off with some jostling. confused-smiley-013.gif