• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Cool Book!!!! thumbsup2.gif I own myself a Star Spangled # 7 # 8 & # 13 my fave cover of the run!!!! Simon & Kirby!!! acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif Are you trying to complete a run? I know myself i'm going after more books in the future , great title!!

Are you trying to complete a run?

I actually only want the STAR SPANGLED issues with Star Spangled Kid, and some of the later ones with Robin(especially the Batman covers). The Newsboy Legion never did much for me; I always ended up flipping the few issues of the mag I had where they were the main feature.

Here's another book I've gotten recently. That's a Xerox cover, but it's one of the best I've ever seen. Nice to own a book that guides for over a grand in Good for a fraction of the cost:

569784-daredevil.jpg

569784-daredevil.jpg.e255a11dd335aae5294efb12d61a6180.jpg

Edited by Doiby_Dickles

This is about as crummy as a comic book can get. But the pages are fairly nice(once you get past the first splash), and the stories and art, for all of their crudity, have lots of imagination. I enjoyed this book alot, lousy condition and all:

570333-superworld.jpg

570333-superworld.jpg.0ab2b530039493ddd2a55e4aadf1b119.jpg

Edited by Doiby_Dickles

Here is a recent Ebay purchase. Patience pays off. I like buying Schomburg war covers when I can find them for a good price, and I watched a copy of this book in similar condition get bid up well over guide a couple of months ago, this copy comes along with a below guide starting bid, and I'm the only bidder - go figure. While the Schomburg war cover Harvey books often feature heroes even more obscure than Nedor's (Black Cat & Green Hornet excepted) some, including this one, have great early Kubert art inside.

571077-allnew9.jpg

571077-allnew9.jpg.913713234a75705b57ddc4b9cca1cefe.jpg

Here is a recent Ebay purchase. Patience pays off. I like buying Schomburg war covers when I can find them for a good price, and I watched a copy of this book in similar condition get bid up well over guide a couple of months ago, this copy comes along with a below guide starting bid, and I'm the only bidder - go figure. While the Schomburg war cover Harvey books often feature heroes even more obscure than Nedor's (Black Cat & Green Hornet excepted) some, including this one, have great early Kubert art inside.

571077-allnew9.jpg

Sweet! cloud9.gif Love the cover. thumbsup2.gif

So, I couldn't resist this Pep #30 from Heritage, nor the Top-Notch #34. For under $200 shipped I received these 2 golden age gems! Nothing spectacular grade-wise, but alas, when you're hooked you're hooked!

14082003058o.jpg

14082003002o.jpg

I see some nice archival tape headed that book's way! Once they get THAT low of a grade I neatly apply very modest amounts of archival tape to keep the book together. I'll do it for the Pep 30, but not bother with the Top-Notch #34.

Anyway, I really can't decide if I'm going to full-on collect again, or just re-collect the issues I liked.

The Archie #30 has a classic Montana Archie story before Bob went off to war:

GO HERE TO READ THE ARCHIE STORY FROM PEP 30!

Nice books Shield thumbsup2.gif

Here is my latest acquisition in the promo and giveaway category. Front and rear images. DC put these out to publicize the Vigilante movie serial in the late 40s...only a few known to exist now:

action_vigilante_front.jpg

action_vigilante_rear.jpg