• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I just finalized a deal for another group of high quality Disneys and wanted to post an example (hope that's ok with you, seller).

As usual, I am posting these scans because I see sharing what little I have as a the best way to help get the new generation of young comic readers/potential collectors interested in vintage Disney books. When I grew up and did not have the means to compete for books like these, I wish such pictures had been more easily available. This particular file copy has probably only been seen by a dozen or so people in the past 65 years - it had been off the market for 30 years before I got the privilege to purchase it this week. My own quiet dream is that whales like Geppi and Anderson will some day start to share their collections the same way - that would be an amazing thing for the hobby.

MMM5.jpg

Unbelievable book! Congratulations!

Very attractive for a GD-.

Yeah, there's some tape on the back cover, it's barely visible. I think this one should have graded a bit higher, but I'm not complaining. Then it would have cost more!

Doiby - congrats on the Wonderworld #7. I was the underbidder, but I'm glad to see a fellow board member won it. I'm happy to hear it looks as undergraded in person as it looked in the scan, no way does it deserve a 1.8, I'm thinking it should have been a 2.0 or a 2.5.

Damn!, So you are the person that got that one. I was watching closely, but decided to pass at the end. One of my all time fovorite covers. Congrats on the great pick-up. I also have a low grade copy that I picked up a LONG time ago. Can you imagine how much the original art would sell for that cover???

wonderworld7.jpg

Edited by batman_fan

takeit.gif Amazing copy - it's virtually perfect, but the corner marks will drag the grade down a tad. I'd be shocked if it didn't grade at least a 9.2, and I'd imagine a grade of 9.4 is what it would receive.

Doiby - congrats on the Wonderworld #7. I was the underbidder, but I'm glad to see a fellow board member won it. I'm happy to hear it looks as undergraded in person as it looked in the scan, no way does it deserve a 1.8, I'm thinking it should have been a 2.0 or a 2.5.

Now I feel bad. I hope another one pops up soon!

I cracked the slab and perused the book. The interior artwork is so cool-there are some gorgeous splash type panels in the Flame story. The book is pretty nice for a 1.8. It looks better than the World's Finest #4 I have that CGC graded 2.0.

Doiby,

Glad to see you cracked the slab, and am also glad to know there are cool splashes inside. Don't feel bad - I can't afford to win everything I bid on and probably spend too much on what I do win. Ebay has been fantastic for me - I've found stuff I've wanted for years, stuff I didn't know about, and gotten lots of great deals. A big change from the days of cons and dealer's catalogs, where cool books were often gone when I called about them and I found myself buying stuff at cons just so I didn't feel like I'd wasted the day.

Doiby,

Glad to see you cracked the slab, and am also glad to know there are cool splashes inside. Don't feel bad - I can't afford to win everything I bid on and probably spend too much on what I do win. Ebay has been fantastic for me - I've found stuff I've wanted for years, stuff I didn't know about, and gotten lots of great deals. A big change from the days of cons and dealer's catalogs, where cool books were often gone when I called about them and I found myself buying stuff at cons just so I didn't feel like I'd wasted the day.

I can't afford everything either, so I know what you mean. Still, when you don't know the guy you're bidding against, it's not a personal thing. I sometimes don't bid on an item if I know the person who has the high bid.