• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Great Book,Paul!! thumbsup2.gif That comic still seems reasonably priced in vg & fine grades when I've seen it for sale ,might have to pick one up for myself one of these days.

BTW how are the stories & art inside? Who are the artist's that you know or recognize?

Posted this in the pre-code horror thread, but I like it so much, I'll post it here too! Weird Tales of the Future #7, featuring what may be Bernard Baily's best cover... and maybe my favorite pre-code horror cover.

652982-weird7_2.jpg

Awesome!

I imagine more than a few kids had nightmares after staring at that cover in fascination!

Thanks, guys....

This copy is a very nice VG and super glossy, which is surprising considering the other Aragon/Gilmor books that I have.

As for the interior, they are sci-fi in nature with a bit of a horror tone, but there is a reprint of Wolverton's "Mind Movers" (I believe that's the one) that was cut up and rearranged by the editor. Strange stuff....

I may have posted this already when I won the bid from Heritage, but this just arrived in my mailbox today, so I think I'll post it again.

660313-sciencecomics2.jpg

660313-sciencecomics2.jpg.35edcf39e0f09097362920d1aed4f22b.jpg

I still can't believe I finally got one, and the price was pretty darn nice! Good luck on finding it, I don't know if any dealers have this book right now. Metropolis doesn't have it listed on their site, though that doesn't mean that they don't have it.

By the way, does anyone know what the Gerber scarcity rating is on Science #2? My books are stored away and I can't get to 'em right now.

Interestingly enough, Gerber pegged it like you did - hard to find. It carries an SI of 7 (seven)! hail.gif

recent pick up which is way out of my usual price range! Its from the 1st four color series and dates to 1941 which makes it one of the earliest disney comics. Its only a GD+ but the cover imagery is largely undamaged & with a NM guide price of $2800 its unlikely I'd be able to afford a nicer one.

663797-dumbo.jpg

663797-dumbo.jpg.2437f9facce8e4779d274d2fd40b501f.jpg

recent pick up which is way out of my usual price range! Its from the 1st four color series and dates to 1941 which makes it one of the earliest disney comics. Its only a GD+ but the cover imagery is largely undamaged & with a NM guide price of $2800 its unlikely I'd be able to afford a nicer one.

663797-dumbo.jpg

That's a great book! Congratulations!

Wow, amazing. I am completly jealous!!

hail.gif

663797-dumbo.jpg

Recent Ebay win. I have never seen one of these midget comics and thought it looked it cool. Paid for it for less than guide, so I am happy with it. This is the oldest certified book I own.

637211-8e_3.jpg

lok...I have several of those Mighty Midget books that I purchased a few years ago...just because I've never owned one...I must say they are pretty cool...

I also find that they go for way under guide on eBay...seems like there is not that much appreciation for them out there...but apparently you and I like 'em...

Here is my favorite one...

bulletman11.jpg

I actually like these midgets as well. Purchased this for the price of the slabbing.

MightyMidgetComics12LanceOCasey.jpg

Thanks Hkp! its hard to see how important & influential early disney really was on the world of animation these more cynical days. That company was really pushing boundries while Walt was alive, and never moreso then the early years. I Was just watching the Silly Symphonies DVD the other day & Cartoons like the Old Mill really made it evident how much he was interested in pushing the boundries. I look at these early comics as time capsules of his success and what was to come within the whole industry. Its a shame how wasted all that has become in the more recent regime over there.