• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

My typical low grade stuff, but I love the cover and the price was right (the LCS has 50% back issues the week after Christmas 893applaud-thumb.gif)

fight21.jpg

Sweet!

thumbsup2.gif

This just arrived in mail yesterday!

The scan does not do it justice becasue I had to lower resolution to make image size fit and as a result cover Gloss does not show

686658-ActionComics38a_2.jpg

Did one of you guys pick up that high grade AMERICA MENACED that was on Ebay in the last year? IIRC correctly I think it was listed twice failing to get a bid the first time ( I believe it was listed for around $900 ) It seemed like a fair price for a HG copy of such a rare book, but I had already spent too much money, and rarely spend more than $400 -$500 on a single book (which is why most of my GA is around VG ). I'm sure I will regret not bidding in the long run.

I missed this earlier, somehow. Yep, Harvey's correct, that sucker's mine! grin.gif Didn't realize it had been listed twice, I only caught it the one time that I bought it. If I remember right, it was listed at an opening bid of $800 and a BIN of $950. I saw the listing before I went to bed, and said to myself, "I'm going to bed and If I get up in the morning and it hasn't sold, I'll take it." Sure enough, it was still there 8 hours later so I pulled the trigger.