• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Congrats on the Wings. The cover to #3 is very cool and #1 is always a good pick-up thumbsup2.gif

I just got this to narrow my list of hero cover Peps I need to 4 smile.gif

795119-pep37.jpg

Great cover - who did it? The Shield almost looks like he was drawn by Joe Simon.

The honest answer is I don't know. It may be by Harry Sahle. Shield might know, though

Harry Sahle drew the Shield on Pep 37, 39-49. I think #36 was the only early Montana Pep cover. Novick/Schomberg did #38. Novick did most of the others.

Most recent Batman 28 upgrade, CGC 6.0 to a 8.0 Pretty clean in person.

bm28.jpg

Agree with Skybolt here. Is there something we can't see from the front cover scan that is dropping this book down to only a 8.0 condition grade. It certainly appears to be a lot nicer than the typical 8.0 GA book that we've seen in the past, especially considering the white pages and nice QP.

The book looks great, but a few light color breaks along the spine. As soon as my mylars arrive, I will crack it open and see what CGC means by "white". That is actually one of the big reasons I picked it up. Myself, I see no real value in spending 4x the money on a 9.2/9.4 when a clean 8.0 looks pretty damn nice. I picked it up off Hake's my first experience with them. Fast shipping and the packing was over the top. Could have survived a drop kick from the biggest UPS driver!

The book looks great, but a few light color breaks along the spine. As soon as my mylars arrive, I will crack it open and see what CGC means by "white". That is actually one of the big reasons I picked it up. Myself, I see no real value in spending 4x the money on a 9.2/9.4 when a clean 8.0 looks pretty damn nice. I picked it up off Hake's my first experience with them. Fast shipping and the packing was over the top. Could have survived a drop kick from the biggest UPS driver!
893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Here's a book I've posted before !! One of my all time faves of the Golden Age!!

Billl Everett & Tarpe Mills , ETC.... VOL# 2 Number # 2 1939!!! Enjoy!!

scan0001.jpg

Here's a book I've posted before !! One of my all time faves of the Golden Age!!

Billl Everett & Tarpe Mills , ETC.... VOL# 2 Number # 2 1939!!! Enjoy!!

scan0001.jpg

Awesome pickup! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I haven't looked at the inside yet(plan on breaking this one from the slab); I'll let you know who the artist is after I check it out.

Great Joker cover, Doiby!

And you got a Robin "shock corner" pose to boot! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Adam!

The pencils in the story seem to be by Sprang, but I have no idea who did the inking. The artwork is different from almost any GA Batman story I've ever read. Really cool Joker splash page though. thumbsup2.gif

And the cover was nice and glossy, the pages were supple...this may be a bit nicer than the 7.0 CGC assigned to it.

Here's something a little different!! I posted this about a year ago or so!! March 1940!!!

These books are scarce in any grade ,I love Centaurs!! Ben Thompson,Martin Filchock,Frank Thomas Art,Etc!! The EYE Sees!!!! cool.gif

scan0002.jpg