• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

I think it would be worth slabbing for resale. If the back cover is as nice as the front it should grade at least 6.0- probably higher - the rounded corners being the drawback - it also looks like it has some poorly cut interior pages with a ragged edge that sticks over the top - not all that rare with GA books I guess - i don't know how CGC considers the inevitable tears on those when grading. My feeling is that any GA book that grades better than VG and is worth at least $400 probably benifits from resto detection if nothing else when being slabbed and will make buyers that much more comfortable throwing out a bid.

I got it from Four Color Comics(Rob Rogovin). It cost around a grand. I would have never been able to afford it otherwise. I may get it restored.

Congrats Deathlok - are these your first GA books ever?

How are the stories in the Super Duck - the title was a favorite of R. Crumb when he was a kid and I've wondered if they have any charm.

Congrats Deathlok - are these your first GA books ever?

How are the stories in the Super Duck - the title was a favorite of R. Crumb when he was a kid and I've wondered if they have any charm.

I've bought a couple Ga books but nothing noteworthy, mostly a couple horror titles like Web of Mystery, etc.

This is my first foray into more notable titles/covers.

I just bought the Gerber Photojournal, so I'm sure I will be posting more in the GA forum.

I haven't had a chance to look inside either book. I was so excited about them I scanned them and posted them quickly.