• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Another cursive P, D, or L in pencil, these have to come from a similar collection or its a distribution notation of some sort. Nice book by the way

sup52.jpg

is it just me or does ol Supes look a little TOO happy to run into that cute little lost boy hitching a ride home?

Another cursive P, D, or L in pencil, these have to come from a similar collection or its a distribution notation of some sort. Nice book by the way

sup52.jpg

is it just me or does ol Supes look a little TOO happy to run into that cute little lost boy hitching a ride home?

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif,.....in a perverted kind of way. Sure "turned his head"!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Just grabbed this one off Ebay. Pretty decent price (At least I think so...)

detective180.jpg

hail.gif That's a gorgeous 4.5! Congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks!

I got to try and keep up with all the Detectives you have been snagging lately!

I haven't gotten one in awhile, though I do have a ratty #187 on the way from eBay(hard to find that book at all,much less in decent shape!).

Many moons ago, there was a back issue dealer called Sparkle City. Over the course of several years, they helped one of their customers complete his Detective run. The absolute hardest issue for them to find, and the last to complete his collection, was #187. A very cool Two-Face cover!

Here's another Centaur, I posted awhile back that deserves to be seen again for you guys that never saw it.1940 Classic cover by Paul Gustavson!!!The best cover in many people's opinion of the run. I myself like Vol. 4 # 1 a liitle bit better , but this is a great one none the less!!

scan0010.jpg

Jeff, speaking about Sparkle City, I remember them, does anybody know if Jay Maybruck still deals in collectibles ?? I've dealt with Joe V. in the past , great guy, reputable, but what's Jay doing nowadays???

Since I'm on a roll here, here's one from 1939 , Lou fine at some of his best!!!

Inside has Alex Blum , Kiefer,etc. Off White Pages!!!

scan0011.jpg

Many moons ago, there was a back issue dealer called Sparkle City. Over the course of several years, they helped one of their customers complete his Detective run. The absolute hardest issue for them to find, and the last to complete his collection, was #187. A very cool Two-Face cover!

I really do think that #187 is one of the scarcest books in the run. If any dealer could have found it in the old days, it was Sparkle City. Those guys had almost every rare and esoteric book imaginable.

Since I'm on a roll here, here's one from 1939 , Lou fine at some of his best!!!

Inside has Alex Blum , Kiefer,etc. Off White Pages!!!

scan0011.jpg

hail.gif

Nice issue #1 here's my issue #2 FantasticComics2CGC4.jpg