• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Here's a Blue Beetle # 4, I picked up last year. Love those early stories & issues ,before they went downhill. Fox comics!! cloud9.gif

Sweet book! I absolutely agree about the early Fox books (1939 through mid-1940, i.e. the Eisner-Iger shop era). Even leaving aside those great Lou Fine covers, I'm actually quite a fan of some of the bizarre stories & characters they ran inside. Their artists had quite a range of styles, too...much more quirky and experimental than DC or the other companies. How's the interior art in this book?

I had a headline 8 years ago that was a fair at best. I should have kept it until I upgraded. That was well over 15 years ago. The cover was nice, just some major tears that could have been easily repaired. I didn't really appreciate the significance of the book when I had it.

Great squid cover - and any time you can pick up a 1940 book for under $100 your doing alright. I briefly toyed with collecting squid covers a few years back - and missed that one when going through the Gerbers.

Hooray! grin.gif

Serisouly, these are mighty fine finds. You just don;t SEE books like this that often and when you can grab them for the miserly, penny-pinching, I won;t sell you my Eerie #1 for $50 person that you are, well *I* say all the more power to ya!

Seriously - thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Got this back from CGC a little while ago. It was an Ebay purchase I dropped off at San Diego. Took weeks and weeks (I'm an economy kinda guy) but it was worth the wait.

The scan is crappy because I'm still figuring out settings for slabbed books on my ancient machine...

earthman.jpg

Got this back from CGC a little while ago. It was an Ebay purchase I dropped off at San Diego. Took weeks and weeks (I'm an economy kinda guy) but it was worth the wait.

The scan is crappy because I'm still figuring out settings for slabbed books on my ancient machine...

earthman.jpg

Jeepers Creepers! And an Avon to boot. Man, that is one sweet patootie! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

earthman.jpg

Nice work, compadre!! thumbsup2.gif

Fuelman, some cool Centaurs, my favorite golden age books to collect. 893applaud-thumb.gifI think , I posted this some time ago , but here's a book that I bought about 4 or 5 years ago . love this cover & the rest of the book is also cool.

scan0011.jpg

into the blade she sped. - Indeed!!!

Edited by PUNYHUMAN