• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

The #89 is extremely tough. I've only seen one for sale since I started collecting Wings. Unfortunately I didn't have the money for it at the time so I'm still searching for one. Congrats on even finding one. My 91 is in about the same condition as yours, but I'm thrilled to have it.

These are two recreations that I had Bob do a couple of years ago. I had linked them in the past, but this seems like a good time to do it again. Jon

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

893applaud-thumb.gif I never get tired of looking at those Jon. I'd love to get Bob to do a piece for me, but I doubt I could afford it. I have a dream commission idea I want to get done and he's definitely at the top of the artist list for it. Maybe one day 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Just got this off eBay for less than the guide 2.0 price - it's the 1933 Buck Rogers Kelloggs radioshow mail-in premium. 1st comic appearance of Buck Rogers, predating Famous Funnies #3 by a year. I'd been wanting to get one of these for a while. yay.gif

buckrogerskelloggsfcsm8fr.jpg

buckrogerskelloggsbcsm5hf.jpg

Just got this off eBay for less than the guide 2.0 price - it's the 1933 Buck Rogers Kelloggs radioshow mail-in premium. 1st comic appearance of Buck Rogers, predating Famous Funnies #3 by a year. I'd been wanting to get one of these for a while. yay.gif

Nice pickup!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. I actually passed on two other copies last year - one had resto (spine split repair) and the other had bad rust migration, so I was really glad to pick this up at a bargain price. Tight binding, clean staples and snow pages pages! For that I can gladly live with the spine stress and creases on a book this old.

Although it's listed in Overstreet, it isn't really a true comic book - more like a comic proto-type - a text story with a number of color illustrations by Calkins.

With all the scandels over in comics general , lets have some fun about this Hobby!! Here's one , I posted a long while ago. Classic cover , scarce to boot!!!

Enjoy !!!

scan0001.jpg

With all the scandels over in comics general , lets have some fun about this Hobby!! Here's one , I posted a long while ago. Classic cover , scarce to boot!!!

Enjoy !!!

scan0001.jpg

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I want that book !!!

sorry.gif

Just back from getting a quick Metropolis comics fix. First Lois walking off to show her' appreciation to the boys in uniform', with a knowingly voyeuristic Superman onlooking...

superman_29.jpg

Then, the only WW2 Action book left in Metro's stock...

action_60.jpg