• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Just won this the other day. It hasn't gotten here yet, but I wanted to go ahead and share it. I've been looking for a copy of this book for nearly two years and this is the first one I've seen for sale anywhere. yay.gif

By far the coolest of the early John Carter of Mars covers. Art by ERB's son John Coleman Burroughs. I probably overpaid, but who knows when I'll ever see another one. I can live with the waterspot.

funnies360pw.jpg

Love that cover!! It shouts Golden Age!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Not sure where to post this exactly, so I'll drop it in recent pe-code too...

The first time I've had to pay over guide for a funny animal book, but well worth it! 1948 with white pages. Another Halloween cover off of the list!

giggle.jpg

Wow, cool cover 893applaud-thumb.gif

And one more that came in today from Jim Payette (thanks to someone on the boards pointing him out I did some shopping!)... I can't be happier. G/VG that is more VG.

military13.jpg

Wow, I have never seen that book. So, what's the page quality?
C/OW though some might call it OW. (if you were talking about my CAJ 5) Edited by agro23

Wow super happy to have this book. Ive been after a COT for awhile and I wanted either a 17 or 18 but they are so pricey even in shabby condition. For whatever reason this book was sitting on ebay with a few hours left with zero bids (holiday week?). I got it for 375.00 (only bidder) and Im really happy with the condition.

-

crypt18front.jpg