• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

A recent pick-up that I might be bringing to the Chicago Forum Dinner if anyone wants to flip through it:

action1.jpg

Cream!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

To own an Action # 1 & one that looks that nice , a Jewel in your collection.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

A recent pick-up that I might be bringing to the Chicago Forum Dinner if anyone wants to flip through it:

yes please bring this to the forum dinner, I would love to see it, hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

and correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't this your second copy of Action #1 ? you say this was a recent pickup, I thought you had had a copy long before recently.

Nice, restored?

Absolutely. Spine was rebuilt. I couldn't afford otherwise.

Irrelevant---it is an Action 1. Great pick-up. That is when I think this restoration bug-a-boo becomes crazy, but works just fine for Win.....

yes please bring this to the forum dinner, I would love to see it, hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

and correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't this your second copy of Action #1 ? you say this was a recent pickup, I thought you had had a copy long before recently.

No, this is my first (and likely only, unless I trade up some day). I'd taken a photo of it in a group of "keys" that I posted a couple of months ago, right after I got it, but I hadn't actually unveiled it officially to the boards yet.

And Jon's right, this is how the stigma of restoration can work for us instead of against us, by making some books that would otherwise be out of reach financially available.

No, this is my first (and likely only, unless I trade up some day). I'd taken a photo of it in a group of "keys" that I posted a couple of months ago, right after I got it, but I hadn't actually unveiled it officially to the boards yet.

And Jon's right, this is how the stigma of restoration can work for us instead of against us, by making some books that would otherwise be out of reach financially available.

cool, that's what I was thinking of was the "Group Shot" you posted back in June.

I know how you like to sometimes buy two copies of certain GA keys, so you can see where I would be confused wink.gif

My thought exactly on the resto. Great pickup of the key of keys. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice, restored?

That book looks great in person, really a sharp copy. Win had to force me to grade it, and he had to personally bring it to my house to scan. NO WAY I was taking posession of that book for more than 10 seconds!

hail.gif

Should I tell them the cat story? 27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gif

Nice, restored?

That book looks great in person, really a sharp copy. Win had to force me to grade it, and he had to personally bring it to my house to scan. NO WAY I was taking posession of that book for more than 10 seconds!

hail.gif

Sure, go ahead. Doesn't necessarily put me in the best light, but on the other hand, it's true. I'll never mind true stories being told. Plus, it sheds some light on why I don't mind people handling or flipping through my keys at the forum dinner.

Nice, restored?

hail.gif

Sure, go ahead. Doesn't necessarily put me in the best light, but on the other hand, it's true. I'll never mind true stories being told. Plus, it sheds some light on why I don't mind people handling or flipping through my keys at the forum dinner.

I will save it for another time, maybe the forum dinner. grin.gif I don't think it puts you in a bad light though, it does go along with your remarkable willingness to let people handle the books...which is a great trait.