• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Even though I was working the convention today, I had a chance to pick up these three golden age lovelies...

Great books!

Were they free? poke2.gif

Even though I was working the convention today, I had a chance to pick up these three golden age lovelies...

Great books!

Were they free? poke2.gif

Five finger discount. gossip.giftongue.gif

Honestly, I felt like I got a good deal on the US Marines and the Weird Thrillers. The Jumbo I paid a bit over guide for, but I can't resist the siren song of the Fiction House horror books.

You're going to hate me for this, but double check that one for a trim. It's a frequently trimmed book (I've seen it) and should be oversized. That right edge sure looks straight.

I hate you. mad.gif

Just kidding. tongue.gif I checked the edges and the little printing waves caused by cutting are on all three edges and the same length. The edges on the front and back are also consistent, and not as sharp as they appear on the scan. There is also a corner chip on the back, and if that was trimmed you would think they would have gone a little further in order to get rid of it. I REALLY doubt the book has been trimmed, but it's nice to know that my percentage of book scans followed by a trimming comment is still going strong. wink.gif

You're going to hate me for this, but double check that one for a trim. It's a frequently trimmed book (I've seen it) and should be oversized. That right edge sure looks straight.

I hate you. mad.gif

Just kidding. tongue.gif I checked the edges and the little printing waves caused by cutting are on all three edges and the same length. The edges on the front and back are also consistent, and not as sharp as they appear on the scan. There is also a corner chip on the back, and if that was trimmed you would think they would have gone a little further in order to get rid of it. I REALLY doubt the book has been trimmed, but it's nice to know that my percentage of book scans followed by a trimming comment is still going strong. wink.gif

Consistency, my friend. Consistency.

I picked these up today, the last day of the Chicago Con. I am just thrilled with them. The Beware was from Bedrock and I overpaid a bit, but I don't give a damn. Just a fantastic cover with dripping colors. Horror, shrunken heads, atomic bombs and beachside romance....what more could you ask for?

The Red Dragon I saw for the first time a few days ago and Ted from Superworld was nice enough to trade for it. Sucks about the miswrap, but the image area is very nice. I love the unusual cover art.

beware.jpg

reddragon.jpg

I picked these up today, the last day of the Chicago Con. I am just thrilled with them. The Beware was from Bedrock and I overpaid a bit, but I don't give a damn. Just a fantastic cover with dripping colors. Horror, shrunken heads, atomic bombs and beachside romance....what more could you ask for?

The Red Dragon I saw for the first time a few days ago and Ted from Superworld was nice enough to trade for it. Sucks about the miswrap, but the image area is very nice. I love the unusual cover art.

Are they trimmed? poke2.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Just yanking his chain. wink.gif

I like both of the books. grin.gif

Great covers! thumbsup2.gif