• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,418 posts in this topic

I'm almost embarrassed to post my new arrival now.

"Embarrassed" is not a logical word to use when receiving a Detective 31, Mister!

Please put yourself on report...

STEVE

My apologies Admiral, I will do as you say.

"Embarrassed" is not a logical word to use when receiving a Detective 31, Mister!

STEVE

Bill,

Can I just say, I hate you! Unless you remember me should the Detective 31 ever need to find a new home. Where did you get it, how much and is it restored? I know, I know, nosy, but I have to know. Some of us are forced to live through others ...

STEVE

Where did you get it, how much and is it restored? I know, I know, nosy, but I have to know. Some of us are forced to live through others ...

That's what I want to know.

came right before I left along with #2-#4....now I've got 2 (#1's) 3 (#2's) and one each of #3 and #4......for the completed four issue series. yay.gif I've also posted an interior page from my worst copy of #2...exploding body....there's also another bullet through the body image and other graphic war throughout all four issues. 1577185-ComicBook1819.JPG1577185-ComicBook1820.JPG1577185-ComicBook1821.JPG1577185-ComicBook1822.JPG1577185-ComicBook1823.JPG

1577185-ComicBook1823.JPG.6587e295207fa7b91205b49f0981c6ac.JPG

came right before I left along with #2-#4....now I've got 2 (#1's) 3 (#2's) and one each of #3 and #4......for the completed four issue series. yay.gif

Great run of books - congrats!!

Love all the other books posted today too! thumbsup2.gif

I'm almost embarrassed to post my new arrival now. It was nice to find it waiting for me at home today..

mm0096.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

You're embarrassed? After all the amazing books I've seen posted here in the last few days, I'm terrified to post any of my cheap, oddball low to mid-grade non-uber keys. shy.gif

STEVE

Bill,

Can I just say, I hate you! Unless you remember me should the Detective 31 ever need to find a new home. Where did you get it, how much and is it restored? I know, I know, nosy, but I have to know. Some of us are forced to live through others ...

It has extensive resto, which makes it "affordable" (if a Tec 31 can ever be thought of as affordable)! Pages are very nice. It came from our own Filter81.

STEVE

Bill,

It has extensive resto, which makes it "affordable" (if a Tec 31 can ever be thought of as affordable)! Pages are very nice. It came from our own Filter81.

Thanks Bill. Congrats, looks great! thumbsup2.gif

Wow Tec1kid, how come I never get books like these mailed to me?

Both looks present really well, and I especially like the AA. Which book, of these two, do you like best?

hello all...

right now, I like the AA best, because it has been read!....once I crack the MF 52 (which, just got a lead on a lower grade/cheaper copy, so I might not crack it if I pick the other one up), it will "Tie" the AA 16...both ultra cool books, of some of my favorite GA dc characters (right behind batman and captain marvel, followed by superman and flash and GL and spectre)...

rick

Ciorac you should be ashamed of yourself for being embarrased about owning that Tec. Freakin smoking copy. hail.gif

hello all...

it is a smoking book....remember, matt said it might only be "moderate" resto versus extensive (although he did lean towards extensive), since it really only has generous color touch (really no pieces added or tears seals, etc, if I remember...just basically cleaned and color touched)

rick

I'm almost embarrassed to post my new arrival now. It was nice to find it waiting for me at home today..

mm0096.jpg

I'm late to the party, but WOW what a nice copy with great looking pages. Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

hello all...

I tried to tell folks last month it was a great book...it has made its way to a great home...

rick

Ciorac you should be ashamed of yourself for being embarrased about owning that Tec. Freakin smoking copy. hail.gif

hello all...

it is a smoking book....remember, matt said it might only be "moderate" resto versus extensive (although he did lean towards extensive), since it really only has generous color touch (really no pieces added or tears seals, etc, if I remember...just basically cleaned and color touched)

rick

That would be nice.