• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Ok, I got this a few months ago, but didn't scan it until this week. You guys are probably already aware that I love this book. It's completely unrestored (a long-time goal of mine has been to get an unrestored 'Tec 1 in decent shape), which allowed me to move my other copies to ciorac and Detective27Kid. So anyway, here it is:

detectivecomics1.jpg

Nice to see it in all its glory!!!

hail.gif

Isnt this the copy Metro had about a year ago.Around 30k or so. I was eyeing this book for a long time but didnt bite because they did not cgc it to back up the grade.The book was raw on their website.

Ok, I got this a few months ago, but didn't scan it until this week. You guys are probably already aware that I love this book. It's completely unrestored (a long-time goal of mine has been to get an unrestored 'Tec 1 in decent shape), which allowed me to move my other copies to ciorac and Detective27Kid. So anyway, here it is:

detectivecomics1.jpg

Nice to see it in all its glory!!!

hail.gif

Isnt this the copy Metro had about a year ago.Around 30k or so. I was eyeing this book for a long time but didnt bite because they did not cgc it to back up the grade.The book was raw on their website.

Well Steve commented in this thread how nice the book was, and he usually only does that when it came from him.

detectivecomics1.jpg

WOW! hail.gif Just.. Wow!! hail.gifhail.gif

detectivecomics1.jpg

hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

That is one nice book! was bidding on the restored 0.5 that was married with wrong BC on heritage recently, but finally decided i had other priorities with my GGA tongue.gif

Allow me to jump on the "Kudos to Roger/Weird Paper Bandwagon!" yay.gif

This is my first real foray into the world of GA superheroes. I've mainly been sticking to GGA, Sci-Fi and ERB stuff since I started collecting GA a couple of years ago, but I've decided 2007 is going to be a Batman year for me. Thanks to Roger I'm off to a good start! 893applaud-thumb.gif

8950Batman065VGFNfcsm.jpg

5150Batman020GDVGfcsm.jpg

This is my first real foray into the world of GA superheroes. I've mainly been sticking to GGA, Sci-Fi and ERB stuff since I started collecting GA a couple of years ago, but I've decided 2007 is going to be a Batman year for me. Thanks to Roger I'm off to a good start! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Cool pickups!

I am impressed! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am impressed! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! It's not quite as impressive as a Tec 1 or a full run of Caps, but for a newbie like me, these were a nice little coup. cool.gif

There seem to be some really nice books from this collection. I wonder if we got them slabbed if CGC would add a note to the label saying, "From the Collection of that Mask 1 & 2 Guy"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow, I got a bandwagon. Do I need liability insurance for that? Glad to see those Batmans going to a good home. I've had a blast reading the comics from that collection.