• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Just arrived today. One of my favorite covers of the run. cloud9.gif

famous215.jpg

So Brave & Bold #28 is actually a swipe. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good eye! I never noticed that before.

It's funny how Aquaman sort of has the Wilma position, although Wonder Woman's posture is more like Wilma's. I wonder whether this was a conscious swipe by Sekowsky.

Jack

1603623-bb28.jpg

Re: Famou Funnies #215 "Just arrived today. One of my favorite covers of the run. cloud9.gif "

Mine too. hail.gif

That cover prompted my brief flirtation with the idea of collecting squid covers a number of years ago, but I never picked up a copy frown.gif

Re: Famou Funnies #215 "Just arrived today. One of my favorite covers of the run. cloud9.gif "

Mine too. hail.gif

That cover prompted my brief flirtation with the idea of collecting squid covers a number of years ago, but I never picked up a copy frown.gif

Did you develop a squid cover index before giving up? 'Cause I have no idea what the over/under is for number of GA squid covers. 7? 81? No clue....

Mine too. hail.gif

Did you develop a squid cover index before giving up? 'Cause I have no idea what the over/under is for number of GA squid covers. 7? 81? No clue....

I'd say at least over 10, probably around the 15 number mark. 143ksk should be able to give us an approximate number.

Mine too. hail.gif

I'd say at least over 10, probably around the 15 number mark. 143ksk should be able to give us an approximate number.

That sounds about right - I had a list culled from browsing through the Gerber guides once, but I've lost it.

I love the Frazetta covers on Famous Funnies. Does anyone know of a pedigree collection that has these books in high grade with nice page quality? I have seen a Cosmic Aeroplane copy of one of these books, but nothing else.

Ken

ff214.jpg

Just arrived today. One of my favorite covers of the run. cloud9.gif

famous215.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Definitely one of the best Frazetta covers. The original to that exists somewhere. I remember it being on Heritage or Sotheby's a few years back--75k+

Mine too. hail.gif

That sounds about right - I had a list culled from browsing through the Gerber guides once, but I've lost it.

Are you including only squids or all cephalopods in general? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mine too. hail.gif

Are you including only squids or all cephalopods in general? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The type of cephalopods that are most common on covers are neocoleoidea (which would include squid and octopus). To my knowledge there are no covers that include the shelled cephalopods such as the (many chambered) nautilus.

I think there are at least 15 octopus/squid covers. All Top 16, Terrors of the Jungle 20 and The Famous Funnies above are the 3 nicest IMO.

The type of cephalopods that are most common on covers are neocoleoidea (which would include squid and octopus). To my knowledge there are no covers that include the shelled cephalopods such as the (many chambered) nautilus.

I think there are at least 15 octopus/squid covers. All Top 16, Terrors of the Jungle 20 and The Famous Funnies above are the 3 nicest IMO.

Cool. Seems like there there out to be more.

Cool. Seems like there there out to be more.

I think this is the only one I have.

mm0052-1.jpg